Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 2015-16

Featured Replies

Sounds as if Male is not together mentally or perhaps this team lacks leadership because they certainly have the physical talent..not taking anything away from the Camels...they are also very worthy of prime time. Lots of parity in the state and parity at a high level

  • Replies 105
  • Views 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last scrimmage before the season starts tomorrow against Walton-Verona. Should be a nice game!

CC over Walton-Verona by 40+

CC over Walton-Verona by 40+

 

Ison sat out most of the first half right? Heard they played almost even when Ison was in the game. WV also with three key injuries in their senior class and did not play.

Ison sat out most of the first half right? Heard they played almost even when Ison was in the game. WV also with three key injuries in their senior class and did not play.

 

She played most of the game from what I saw and Campbell scored 110 points.

Spoke with someone VERY close to the program. Isons traveled for the holiday and they sat her because she missed practice while traveling. Didn't play much of the first half. Then in a 3 point game in the scone half, WV pulled the starters and cc went on a huge run.

 

I know you want to say it was 40 plus for the game and that's fine. But I heard it was a decent game while ison and the other starters were in. And again, they were missing 3 other key players due to injury.

One correction! I misunderstood. Ison sat out the first 5 minutes of the game. Not most of the first half. But it is true that with her in the game, it was a close contest.

Campbell is my clear cut preseason number one in the 10th region. I know Mason County is very good, however having the opportunity to see both scrimmage back to back this morning, I have to give the edge to CC.

 

Again, this is now. There is a lot of practice, coaching, games to play and getting better to be done before the end of the season.

Mason just beat Highlandsby 17 at Highlands. I like being the underdog.

CC over Walton-Verona by 40+

 

Let me add some details....

 

FIRST HALF: CC jumped out to a quick 13-0 lead before Walton hit its first bucket. Walton, not exactly in what will probably be their normal starting five, struggled with Campbell's pressure in the opening minutes and dug themselves in a hole. Once Walton settled down, some subs were made, and players were more in their roles, Walton played EVEN with Campbell the rest of the half. And RCC9 is correct, Ison was on the bench when Campbell jumped out to its early lead. At around the 3 minute mark, Campbell with the same 13 point lead, picked up their pressure full court. THIS is where Campbell is really good and they extended the lead by 10 to end the first half.

 

SECOND HALF: Most of this half was probably much more like what we would have seen from Walton offensively and defensively if it was a regular game. Walton took an early lead, Campbell came back and would lead by smaller margins until late in the half. With Campbell leading by THREE, with around three to four minutes remaining, a timeout was called. At that point, Walton's coach sat ALL of the starters and out of the time out, Walton's JV, who mostly had not seen the floor yet, finished the game. Campbell's varsity pressure OVERWHELMED them and Campbell rattled off 20 plus points in a hurry. It did look a little funny watching Campbell press the dog doo out of that group, however, I DO NOT fault Coach Menefee. You are there to play your game and run your stuff, regardless of who is on the floor.

 

In the end, Campbell is a very good ball club. They have some nice players and are very well coached. I love Taylor Clos (sp?) Her short range jumper is smooth.

I hope the Camels have a great season and win the 10th as I root for the NKY teams.

Mason just beat Highlandsby 17 at Highlands. I like being the underdog.

 

Yes they did, although Highlands is not who they will be just yet. Missing your Senior point guard is huge, especially against the defense that Mason brings at you.

 

I agree on the underdog thing.. I like it better also.

 

And I don't mean any disrespect to Mason at all. They are a good looking ball club and they play crazy hard! As far as potential, I could not pick one over the other. It just seemed to me that the execution just wasn't as good as it could be yet, and things were a little sloppy. I don't know, perhaps that is how they normally play. I wouldn't think so though. I just figured it was normal early season stuff that they will continue to get better at. Like I said, my opinion was just based on where the teams were at today. Of course with girls basketball, all of that could be different tomorrow.

Mason just beat Highlandsby 17 at Highlands. I like being the underdog.

 

January 21 is when the real game is. Male has lost two scrimmages, they must really stink!

January 21 will be a good game but this game don't matter. The last game of the Regional tourney is what counts for Mason County.

Spoke with someone VERY close to the program. Isons traveled for the holiday and they sat her because she missed practice while traveling. Didn't play much of the first half. Then in a 3 point game in the scone half, WV pulled the starters and cc went on a huge run.

 

I know you want to say it was 40 plus for the game and that's fine. But I heard it was a decent game while ison and the other starters were in. And again, they were missing 3 other key players due to injury.

 

Really wasn't close in either 1/2. The hard part about the highland scrimmage all day was the no foul out rule. This allowed more physical games and not a true indication of what transpire in a real game.

 

WV is definitely better with Hailey Ison on the floor, good player,T. Clos and M. Schwaber did not disappoint for the Camels. The Camels appear to be deeper this year with talent off the bench which will help Coach Menafee.

I am sure WV will have a decent team this year. But the Lady Camels are going to be a top team this year, I just don't see WV ever really challenging this Campbell team. The scrimmage might not represent a real game fully but it's a helpful indicator. Campbell could beat any team in NKY this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.