Phillips- 2B

Votto- 1B

Frazier- 3B

Mesoraco- C

Bruce- RF

Byrd- LF

Cozart- SS

Bailey- P

Need to keep Suarez's bat in the lineup. It came down to who you want in the lineup- Cozart , Byrd or Hamilton. I chose to sit Hamilton.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way Suarez plays CF. Byrd won't be a Red next season either.

C - Mesoraco

1B - Votto

2B - Suarez

SS - Cozart (if healthy)

3B - Frazier

LF - Winker

CF - Hamilton

RF - Bruce (Rodriguez if they move Bruce in the offseason)

Opening Day Starter will be DeSclafani or Stephenson IMO.

You're thinking Suarez takes BP's job instead of Cozarts? :ohbrother:

No, the Reds are going to try and get out from under the Phillips contract this offseason. Suarez is young and has a solid bat. He's much better suited to play 2B than he is SS.

Much more plausible than thinking he can move to CF. :lol2:

But my premise is the roster remains the same as it is now. In that case, BP is still on the roster and most likely not settling into a back up or pinch hitting role.

But the roster isn't going to be the same, so why would we speculate using that premise? :confused:

But the roster isn't going to be the same, so why would we speculate using that premise? :confused:

We don't know what the roster is going to be but we're pretty sure that no one is taking BP in a trade and the Reds won't eat his salary and waive him.

No, the Reds are going to try and get out from under the Phillips contract this offseason. Suarez is young and has a solid bat. He's much better suited to play 2B than he is SS.

Much more plausible than thinking he can move to CF. :lol2:

Reds will not get rid of Phillips, because Phillips will not let Reds get rid of Phillips, because Phillips holds all the cards in his contract.

Reds will not get rid of Phillips, because Phillips will not let Reds get rid of Phillips, because Phillips holds all the cards in his contract.

They're definitely going to try. Whether or not he'll agree to it is up for debate (I think he will if it's somewhere he's got a legit shot at winning).

C-Mesoraco

1B-Votto

2B-Phillips

3B-Frazier

SS-Suarez

LF-Rodriguez/Waldrop platoon with Winker coming up before the deadline if he produces at AAA.

CF-Hamilton. I think there is a good chance that Billy finally closes the door on switch hitting and bats strictly from the right side. This is a move that I believe will help him, he will still struggle on sliders down and away but learn to poke them the opposite way. It wasn't a bad idea to try and make him a switch hitter to utilize his speed more from the left side, but it's hard to learn how to do it against professional pitching. He will be much better hitting from the right side as he did his entire life.

RF-Bruce

Bench-Barnhart, DeJesus, Duvall, Rodriguez/Waldrop, Cozart. I think Cozart will be playing all around the infield as a reserve next season (Third, Second and Short). Also, I think the Reds get him some experience as an outfielder in the spring. He becomes a slick fielding super sub with some pop. I think they definitely see Suarez as the future SS both offensively and defensively, he's too young with too many tools to let silly errors move him off of the SS position already. Cozart has the glove and bat to profile perfectly as a super utility guy. The other option is Schumaker gets resigned and makes the team over Waldrop or Cozart who ends up being traded which is not likely because his value is low coming off injury.

Bruce will be traded at the deadline and Winker will become the left fielder full time assuming he gets off to a good start in AAA. Waldrop and Rodriguez will split time in Right Field depending on pitching match-ups.

Starters

Stephenson

Disco

Finnegan

Lamb

Iglesias

Bailey will come off the DL to take either the spot occupied by either Lamb or Iglesias at some point with the other going to the bullpen. Lorenzen should be in the rotation but the Reds seriously have some tough choices on their hands and I think Lorenzen becomes a bullpen guy.

C-Barnhart

1B-Votto

2B-Phillips

3B-Frazier

SS-Suarez

LF-Meso

CF-Hamilton

RF-Bruce

Finally someone got it right, Winker starting in left?, isn't he having trouble hitting in AA still? I know Mesorasco can at least hit MLB pitching. Could Suarez play left, Meso then catching?