1B - Votto

2B - Phillips

3B - Frazier

SS - Cozart

RF - Rodriguez

CF - Hamilton

LF - Winker

P - Bailey

Bruce will be traded in the off-season. Hamilton's defense is underrated by most. He has the ability to cover a lot of ground in the outfield. His bat is still developing and I think it is his best interest to stop the switch hitting experiment and just bat from the right side.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C - Mesoraco

1B - Votto

2B - Phillips

3B - Frazier

SS - Cozart

RF - Rodriguez

CF - Hamilton

LF - Winker

P - Bailey

Bruce will be traded in the off-season. Hamilton's defense is underrated by most. He has the ability to cover a lot of ground in the outfield. His bat is still developing and I think it is his best interest to stop the switch hitting experiment and just bat from the right side.

Agree with you about Hamilton's glove but he's a converted IF so no reason to believe we couldn't transition someone else out there that can hit their weight. Heck, let's let Dejesus play out there.

Agree with you about Hamilton's glove but he's a converted IF so no reason to believe we couldn't transition someone else out there that can hit their weight. Heck, let's let Dejesus play out there.

Agree with you on De Jesus. I just don't think we should give up on Hamilton yet. He is still young (24/25?) and can be a HUGE asset to the team once he learns to bat .275 and draw a walk here or there. He has 51 stolen bases this year already with an OBP below .300.

I just think Reds Fan's give up on some players too quickly like they did with Bruce, Votto, and Hoover last year. Go look at their numbers this year. Votto is batting above .300 and .400+ OBP while hitting near .500 since the ASG. Bruce is hitting .260 (which is one of the best in his career) and it is still going up. Hoover had the lowest ERA for a relief pitcher in the NL at the ASG. Yes, thats including Chapman. My point is just we, Reds Fans, are quick to give up on guys and not let them work through a rough year or let them develop. Do I think Hamilton will be a HOF center fielder? No. But I do think he can be a very good center fielder.

Maybe Hamilton should be in Louisville or Dayton trying to figure out how to hit instead of wasting AB's in Cincy. Is this a sign that the Reds don't have much faith in their minor league hitting guys? They seem to love Teddy Power for pitching issues.

I know people are big on Devin Mesoraco. However he has had one good season in the majors so far, and is now coming off of an injury. He definitely has potential and showed glimpses of it last year. However he is one that I am not as big on as everyone else seems to be.

I know people are big on Devin Mesoraco. However he has had one good season in the majors so far, and is now coming off of an injury. He definitely has potential and showed glimpses of it last year. However he is one that I am not as big on as everyone else seems to be.

He's an injury waiting to happen. I have high hopes that Chad Wallach will be ready by about the 2017 season. Unfortunately I feel Meso is going to be one of those guys Reds fans look back on and wonder "what if".

The Reds also said the plan was to let him PH and DH until he was ready to catch again in a couple of weeks. How did that work out?

Tired to do that to avoid surgery. Now that he had it they aren't expecting any issues. That's why I said that's the plan. We shall see.

Playing LF would definitely lengthen his career and keep him physically stronger during the season. I just hope he continues his upward trajectory and doesn't go the other way.

It would also give them a legitimate "emergency" catcher. I'm sick and tired of the philosophy of not using your backup catcher at any point in time...just in case. While I can appreciate not wanting to get caught with your pants down, so to speak...it seems silly to shorten your bench by a player every single game.

• 3 weeks later...

Dejesus is going to work on catching this offseason with Pena. That would solve the emergency catcher issue.

What are the odds that the 2017 opening day roster only has Suarez, Hamilton and Frazier on it from this roster? Meso is likely to still be around as well but could see him moving on in a trade.