Bluegrasspreps' Class 1A Pre-Season Preview

Ram

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont care where the Rams are in the rankings because there is a lot of work to do and the rankings mean jack crap if you don't come and play each and every game. It's a good thing to have, don't get me wrong. But I do know that the top five teams aren't worried where they're ranked. They're getting ready for their first opponent. I know there isn't any "Rankings talking" in Ram Land. All business and work. They're getting ready for West Carter. Lots of work to do for the Rams before they defend the 2 spot here.

And this isn't a knock on any team. And I'm not saying this to rant! Just criticism for my fellow Rams!

Bellevue and ludlow that high? Ludow will come in last loosing a good quarterback due to disipline will hurt them alot. And bellevue loosing a ton of athletes will kill them i see dayton beating them both returning a ton with a good older group of guys from what ive seen.

Ludlow and bellevue that high? Ludlow loosing a very good athletic QB do to discipline reason and other good athletes will come in last. And bellevue will be down alot loose a TON of athletes and coach. I see Dayton beating them both returning nearly all starters and alot of good experienced athlete and loosing no one up front will really pay off this year.

^ Interesting info SportsFanatic13.

Bellevue is a perennial winner and has been the 2nd best team in the district every year since it was created in 2006. In fact, I would guess Bellevue is in the top 10 in wins among 1A schools since 2006. Hard to argue with them being listed at 17.

Ludlow had a good year last year and has some solid players returning. It sounds like you have some info about them losing the player that was supposed to be their starting QB. That hurts any team so maybe they are too high.

Dayton is looking good to you? Give us some details. When was the last time Dayton won more than 3 games in a season? It would be a big turnaround for them to get to .500. It sounds like you expect them to that. Why?

Dayton is looking good to you? Give us some details. When was the last time Dayton won more than 3 games in a season? It would be a big turnaround for them to get to .500. It sounds like you expect them to that. Why?

Dayton's last time winning more than three games in a season was also their last winning season, when they went 8-3 in 2007 and lost to Bellevue in the first round of the playoffs.

Williamsburg will be a lot better than people think. Strong numbers and kids that know how to win. Their schedule is pretty good for a 1a team and they will be tested and ready come November, plus they will be at home for the playoffs with another district title.

Dayton will be returning every lineman they will be all juniors and seniors and very big upfront. Only loosing 1 skilled player but also bringing in 1 that transferred there this year filling in at rb and a athletic QB that will be a 4 year starter they are very experienced.

Guest Panther22

Ludlow returns 3 starting Olineman , both backs and all leading recievers . Devlin Carter last years Qb was moved to wideout . The qb situation is now down to Senior Kalib Mitchell , very-athletic , pg on the basketball team. And sophmore Justin Blackburn , who filled in multiple games last year at QB for carter for discipline issues . They have a great senior class with talent and skill. They also return 10 starters on defense. It should be a fun year to be a panther , I can see alot of wins by this group.

Guest Panther22

I do believe the Panthers somewhat get over the hump and defeat bellevue and dayton. As they earn a home playoff game for the first time in years . The defeated dayton by a good amount last year and it seems both teams bring back a good amount .Bellevue will have a down year or two when It comes to district play with the coaching change, but Coach Mcmillen will have the tigers ready to go .

Russellville or beechwood will be where the 1a championship comes from this year..as previously stated, Russellville has a great coach in myers, & he is notorious for shaking things up during a game & making it competitive..beechwood seems to always try to win the games in the trenches..if they are able to establish that early then they can most definitely control the games..imo.