Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Soccer Preview

Featured Replies

 

"We?" are you a player or coach? If so, not sure you Are Being a bit bias? Confidence turns to Cockiness, Cockinesss leads to embarrassment. We will see how valid your statements are Come October.

 

Yes you are correct that WE will see how valid my statements are.

I'm not cocky, I'm a little over confident, it's ok though, you can form your own opinions.

I just don't understand why Ncc get 0 credit and everyone sticks up for the former coach who wasted talent. Am I bitter???? Yes!!!!!

  • Replies 106
  • Views 24.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yellow Card

What do you know about rules and expectations at Ncc unless he brought them to cooper....

 

Yes you are correct that WE will see how valid my statements are.

I'm not cocky, I'm a little over confident, it's ok though, you can form your own opinions.

I just don't understand why Ncc get 0 credit and everyone sticks up for the former coach who wasted talent. Am I bitter???? Yes!!!!!

 

I feel you are a very recent graduate who didn't have the best relationship with your coach. Bottom line, McDonald took NCC from Being a "joke" team, to a region contending team. Always got his team prepared for the post- season. That's indisputable.

 

I feel you are a very recent graduate who didn't have the best relationship with your coach. Bottom line, McDonald took NCC from Being a "joke" team, to a region contending team. Always got his team prepared for the post- season. That's indisputable.

 

Feel what ever way you want.......

A "joke team" if you have nothing nice to say,,,,, oh never mind I threw that away a while back.

Yellow Card

What do you know about rules and expectations at Ncc unless he brought them to cooper....

 

He (Mike) did not bring them to Cooper. I do know that this document exists and is supported by Coach Martin, if you fall into any of the 3 groupings I suggested, there is a specific section just for you. If I have misrepresented you, than I will apologize again.

Region titles have been spread around the last 6 years. I feel NCC has been the most consistent team the last 6 years.

 

If we're talking the past 6 years, 2014-2008 NCC is not the most consistent when it comes to regional results. And if this all boils down to NKY teams' ranking, anything short of advancing to the regional tournament should not be in the top 10 teams' discussion.

 

If you take the 9th and 10th regions results from these 6 years and add in the 12th region from 2011 -2008 the results are: (each of these teams' past 6 years regional results are factored in and they all played in the 9, 10 or 12 regions in the past 6 years. Looking at consistency only, if I didn’t make any mistakes in my research Scott and CCH lead the way.

 

Scott- 3 championships, 1 finalist, 2 semi finalist

Highlands - 3 championships, 1 finalist

Ryle - 2 Championships, 2 finalist, 1 semi finalist

Montgomery Co- 2 championships, 1 finalist, 2 semi finalist

Pendleton Co- 2 championships, 1 semi finalist

CCH - 1 championship, 4 finalist, 1 semi finalist

NCC- 1 championship, 2 finalist, 1 semi finalist

St Henry – 1 championship, 1 finalist, 3 semi finalist

Boone Co – 1 championship, 1 semi finalist

Bishop Brossart – 1 championship, 3 semi finalist

With the right coach they would have won, what other team made the run they did? Regional championship, Regional final, regional final, regional semi finals, if they didn't have talent it wouldn't have happened. Not even Covington Catholic had this success, maybe time for a change at the helm. .....

 

My top 10

 

Cov Cath. They have soccer players, most schools have to mix athletes and soccer players, they have just soccer player. They will probably fail again because they think they are better than everyone else.

St. Henry, they have talent and a good coach

 

Ncc.... They have a great mix of athletes and soccer players. Let me tell you about us.... Our backs will be anchored by starting center back Justin Randle and goal keeper Brian Anderson, we will control the middle of the field, we return starters Kyle bleser, Chad Brewer and Logan Muck, up top we will have returning starter Andrew liles. Look for Ncc to win it's district and make a run into the regional finals again. Jeff Martin has us going 6-7 days a week, training and running twice a day. We are hungry for that title

Blah

Blah

Blah

No one else will matter

Scott and brossart should be good but they aren't even in our region

Good luck to all the teams

 

The irony in those two bolded lines would be comical if they weren't so cringe-worthy.

 

Secondly, and on a more serious note, I know that you're new to the site, but if you are going to make it through this soccer season, you need to make yourself very familiar with the Terms of Service (Terms of Service). It is great to support your team, and clearly you have that box checked, but being respectful and informative in your posts, will garner you a lot more intelligent conversations than some of your posts to date.

 

Thanks.

My 9th region top 10:

1) CovCath

2) Highlands

3) Ryle

4) Cooper

5) NCC

6) St. Henry

7) Connor

8) Boone

9) Dixie

10) Holy Cross

 

I appear to be picking St. Henry lower than most people but it seems that they lost most of their go-to players and return only a couple but maybe I'm wrong. After NCC I would expect the level of play drops off pretty significantly.

With the right coach they would have won, what other team made the run they did? Regional championship, Regional final, regional final, regional semi finals, if they didn't have talent it wouldn't have happened. Not even Covington Catholic had this success, maybe time for a change at the helm. .....

 

My top 10

 

Cov Cath. They have soccer players, most schools have to mix athletes and soccer players, they have just soccer player. They will probably fail again because they think they are better than everyone else.

 

St. Henry, they have talent and a good coach

 

Ncc.... They have a great mix of athletes and soccer players. Let me tell you about us.... Our backs will be anchored by starting center back Justin Randle and goal keeper Brian Anderson, we will control the middle of the field, we return starters Kyle bleser, Chad Brewer and Logan Muck, up top we will have returning starter Andrew liles. Look for Ncc to win it's district and make a run into the regional finals again. Jeff Martin has us going 6-7 days a week, training and running twice a day. We are hungry for that title

 

Blah

Blah

Blah

No one else will matter

Scott and brossart should be good but they aren't even in our region

Good luck to all the teams

 

As a NewCath guy, you make it hard to like NewCath soccer.

My 9th region top 10:

1) CovCath

2) Highlands

3) Ryle

4) Cooper

5) NCC

6) St. Henry

7) Connor

8) Boone

9) Dixie

10) Holy Cross

 

I appear to be picking St. Henry lower than most people but it seems that they lost most of their go-to players and return only a couple but maybe I'm wrong. After NCC I would expect the level of play drops off pretty significantly.

 

St Henry has CCH August 18 and then Highlands on August 20. Too early in the season to be definitive, but should at least be indicative.

Maybe you can read them to me

 

Really Dbl? I hope you are just doing this to get a rise out of pp otherwise you are really beginning to sound childish. Currently you are embarrassing yourself and the proud NCC program.

St Henry has CCH August 18 and then Highlands on August 20. Too early in the season to be definitive, but should at least be indicative.

 

Yes, a little early but should be a good measuring stick. Depends on how each team approaches it and if they use reserves liberally or not.

Again, we are able to form our own opinions and state them.

I feel embarrassed for the programs lack of success(to my standards) under the old head coach. I believe based on the players returning and the new coaching staff that Ncc will play a big role in this year's regionals. I also believe that with the schedule they have listed it is possible to go undefeated. The one thing the old coaching staff did correctly was have a tough schedule.

I'm sorry that I am so blunt and you get upset about it.

New to the site! But I'll take a shot at my top 10.

 

1)CCH- I'm hesitant to put them at #1 because year after year they fail to perform in the post season. That being said they should be the 9th regions top contender and the team to beat due to their talent level and high numbers.

 

2) St Henry- They lost a lot of seniors, but their youth makes up for that. Their freshman/JV teams in the past two years have performed very well have been awaiting their opportunity. With SH graduating 13 seniors ( I think) it gives a lot of chances to those sophomore/Junior class. Their September 12th match v Trinity will tell us a lot about their post season chances.

 

3) NCC- From what I saw at Bluegrass, they seemed to be very organized and impressive. They lacked a consistent attack. Replacing Louis and Hensley will be their biggest focus. Even last year Hensley was their leading goal scorer because of his head off set pieces. They lost their big throw from Freppon, and their leading striker and main defensive player. They do have a lot of younger talent, especially in Logan Muck who was playing central midfield instead of outside. I hope the coaching staff stops with their "we still have gas in the tank" approach after games. From the players expressions and things that I've heard, it is rather demoralizing and humiliating to all involved. Most coaches ask the players to leave it all on the field.

 

4) Conner- Figured I would have a surprise team to say "I told you so" come October. The cougars graduated 1 senior. They have a strong returning core in seniors with Charlie Wend, Gavin Siekman, and GK Chris Brashear. They will need to work on filling the holes on defense if they want to have a legitimate shot to compete with Ryle, Boone, and Cooper in their district. Unfortunately for Conner, I think this will be their last year of being able to contend for a while.

 

5) Ryle- I look forward to the raiders bouncing back from an off year. They have the Roe twins, Kareem El-Gusain, and their starting GK. They will still be the team to beat in the Boone Cty district. Plus I heard Alberto is coming back for another year since he only got to play one match last year.....

 

5) Scott- Led by GK CJ Seay and Devin Morgan. The eagles will have another good year. They now lack the depth needed to make a state run but they will still compete in the region. I am very curious to see how they replace their offensive threat with no treadway and Schneider.

 

6) Highlands- As mentioned before they return 7 starters including seniors Brady Gesenhuse, Noah Sellers, Mark Baron, Ben Schweitzer and Ben Seiter, along with junior Colton Wagoner and sophomore Drew Rom. They began very slow last year starting off 0-6-3. This year they begin with St Henry, Cooper, Anderson (OH), Archbishop McNicholas (OH), Trinity, Boone Cty, and Scott. I hope they do not repeat as last year and they can find the early momentum.

 

7) Brossart- Under new leadership and have always had good numbers and form. I honestly don't know too much about their personnel. But from the 20 minutes I saw at Bluegrass they possessed very well, and built up play from the back despite graduating most of their defense.

 

8) Cooper- I have them lower than most. Replacing the DPOY and OPOY for one team will be difficult. Snow looks to be their main offensive threat, and they return all their defense (except GK). I caught their second game at Bluegrass and they seemed disorganized. A parent told me later the coach was trying a new formation with some different personnel. I guess that is what Bluegrass is for! I'm hoping to see a better Cooper squad this Saturday.

 

9) Dixie- The colonels look towards a rebuilding year. They will still have Andres Rivera up top as a scoring threat, but their lack of defense needs to be addressed for them to surprise anyone this year.

 

10) Walton Verona- Walton was young last year and seem to be on the right pace to surprise a few teams this year. Especially in a year that SK will struggle to find the net, this could be their year to take the district.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.