Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Soccer Preview

Featured Replies

  • Replies 106
  • Views 24.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really Dbl? I hope you are just doing this to get a rise out of pp otherwise you are really beginning to sound childish. Currently you are embarrassing yourself and the proud NCC program.

 

I completely agree. Embarrassing and tarnishing the NCC name

One upset parent, former player, whomever DBL Yellow can not tarnish a program on this site. NCC is way bigger then this. The more he continues to make post without any facts to back them up, bash the former coach, who has a well respected reputation, the more his post will be ignored.

 

Now if he is on their current staff (highly, highly doubtful given his continual bashing of their former coach) NCC has HUGE problems, on and off the field.

Seems a bit more accurate

Never offside except that Louis was the leading goal scorer last year with 15 and Hensley 13

One upset parent, former player, whomever DBL Yellow can not tarnish a program on this site. NCC is way bigger then this. The more he continues to make post without any facts to back them up, bash the former coach, who has a well respected reputation, the more his post will be ignored.

 

Now if he is on their current staff (highly, highly doubtful given his continual bashing of their former coach) NCC has HUGE problems, on and off the field.

 

My goal is not to tarnish Ncc or the former coach, my opinions have been supported by facts. Weather I am a former player, parent or on the staff isn't the issue. That's why we can hide behind fake names

Flops & Hacks where you at to back me up

My goal is not to tarnish Ncc or the former coach, my opinions have been supported by facts. Weather I am a former player, parent or on the staff isn't the issue. That's why we can hide behind fake names

Flops & Hacks where you at to back me up

 

Then I am afraid you are not achieving your goal.

My goal is not to tarnish Ncc or the former coach, my opinions have been supported by facts. Weather I am a former player, parent or on the staff isn't the issue. That's why we can hide behind fake names

Flops & Hacks where you at to back me up

 

Dblyellow

I have the utmost respect for the Ncc program and would love them to continue their winning ways. When they were doing so under the old coach their wasn't that much chatter. He liked flying under the radar, refer to Texas tea and take his offer of humble pie.

Hoops5 and YC, thanks for a very informed opening article and thanks also to all those who posted their choices for some good discussion.

 

It hurts me that Boone is down right now and justly has been ranked low. Not to make a top ten list while all three of their district opponents are mentioned is hard to take, but I am not faulting anyone for their honest opinions.

 

I do not know enough about other teams to make my own list. Boone has a bunch of unknown players, only one received mention in this thread. Hopefully, there will be a few others who step up and play at a level equal to their competitors and even more important, that they learn to play together as a team.

  • Author
Hoops5 and YC, thanks for a very informed opening article and thanks also to all those who posted their choices for some good discussion.

 

It hurts me that Boone is down right now and justly has been ranked low. Not to make a top ten list while all three of their district opponents are mentioned is hard to take, but I am not faulting anyone for their honest opinions.

 

I do not know enough about other teams to make my own list. Boone has a bunch of unknown players, only one received mention in this thread. Hopefully, there will be a few others who step up and play at a level equal to their competitors and even more important, that they learn to play together as a team.

 

Thanks, oldgrappler. On the bolded, we have Boone ranked at #10 ? Tell us about some other players on Boone.

Which Rebels can give us the same kind of game that we saw with Mayberry?

As always, well said my friend, I am sure that Boone will pull it together by the time post season rolls around and be a very tough out once again.

Hoops5 and YC, thanks for a very informed opening article and thanks also to all those who posted their choices for some good discussion.

 

It hurts me that Boone is down right now and justly has been ranked low. Not to make a top ten list while all three of their district opponents are mentioned is hard to take, but I am not faulting anyone for their honest opinions.

 

I do not know enough about other teams to make my own list. Boone has a bunch of unknown players, only one received mention in this thread. Hopefully, there will be a few others who step up and play at a level equal to their competitors and even more important, that they learn to play together as a team.

 

I think some of Boone's struggles last year came on the heals of losing several outstanding players, including Evan O'Hara and Brent Rice (to graduation) and Haven Borkowski (personal). It's not easy losing dominant players like that as Highlands learned early in 2014 when they lost Cole Davis - Roberts, Chris Garbig and others to graduation in 2013.

 

One year out I think things should be looking up for Boone. Nick Brock brings back some stability and offense in midfield, Beau Downs returns as a seasoned defender, and Nathan Rice (Brent's younger brother) should be coming into his own in midfield. Benjamin in goal is a key part of the defense, but I think others return in the back as well. Help us out with others to watch?

 

I think Boone County could well surprise this year. They are in the only district that has 4 teams that have a legit shot at making regionals. Flying below the radar has its advantages and can relieve some pressure for the boys.

 

Good luck to Boone County in 2015!

Edited by Sir!
type-o

Nbm

Edited by Sir!
duplicate

Thanks, oldgrappler. On the bolded, we have Boone ranked at #10 ? Tell us about some other players on Boone.

Which Rebels can give us the same kind of game that we saw with Mayberry?

 

Yes, I saw you had them in the top ten, Hoops5. It was another post that left them out of the top ten. I am not disputing that, although I think they will be better than a couple of those mentioned in that post.

 

As far as which players to mention, you are right to mention Benjamin in the goal. Boone will need him to have a really good year. Mayberry was a special player who earned his reputation in club soccer and on the Boone team. No one Boone has this year can put pressure on the goal quite like he did. Boone will need to play more of a possession game than in previous years when they had Borokowski, O'Hara, and Mayberry and could play the attack game very well.

 

This year Nick Brock in midfield will be one of the guys the Rebels look to for leadership and production. He plays at a high level in club ball and will do so on the prep pitch. As far as mentioning any others I would just encourage you to keep an eye out.

I think some of Boone's struggles last year came on the heals of losing several outstanding players, including Evan O'Hara and Brent Rice (to graduation) and Haven Borkowski (personal). It's not easy losing dominant players like that as Highlands learned early in 2014 when they lost Cole Davis - Roberts, Chris Garbig and others to graduation in 2013.

 

One year out I think things should be looking up for Boone. Nick Brock brings back some stability and offense in midfield, Beau Downs returns as a seasoned defender, and Nathan Rice (Brent's younger brother) should be coming into his own in midfield. Benjamin in goal is a key part of the defense, but I think others return in the back as well. Help us out with others to watch?

 

I think Boone County could well surprise this year. They are in the only district that has 4 teams that have a legit shot at making regionals. Flying below the radar has its advantages and can relieve some pressure for the boys.

 

Good luck to Boone County in 2015!

 

Sir!, that's what people call you, right? :)

 

That is a very good analysis that shows you have knowledge of the team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.