Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Soccer Preview

Featured Replies

"overlooked" or due to not wining a regional title the past three years…with "talent"?

 

Region titles have been spread around the last 6 years. I feel NCC has been the most consistent team the last 6 years. Making the regional championship game in 2010-2013. Overlooked is a fair statement for the breds, but I'm afraid that consistency and constant competitive edge will drop off due to a lack of talent. Being a top 3 team is not realistic for this year's NCC team

Edited by hoops5
Fixed quote tags

  • Replies 106
  • Views 24.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the right coach they would have won, what other team made the run they did? Regional championship, Regional final, regional final, regional semi finals, if they didn't have talent it wouldn't have happened. Not even Covington Catholic had this success, maybe time for a change at the helm. .....

 

My top 10

 

Cov Cath. They have soccer players, most schools have to mix athletes and soccer players, they have just soccer player. They will probably fail again because they think they are better than everyone else.

 

St. Henry, they have talent and a good coach

 

Ncc.... They have a great mix of athletes and soccer players. Let me tell you about us.... Our backs will be anchored by starting center back Justin Randle and goal keeper Brian Anderson, we will control the middle of the field, we return starters Kyle bleser, Chad Brewer and Logan Muck, up top we will have returning starter Andrew liles. Look for Ncc to win it's district and make a run into the regional finals again. Jeff Martin has us going 6-7 days a week, training and running twice a day. We are hungry for that title

 

Blah

Blah

Blah

No one else will matter

Scott and brossart should be good but they aren't even in our region

Good luck to all the teams

Edited by DBLYELLOW

"overlooked" or due to not wining a regional title the past three years…with "talent"?

 

Region titles have been spread around the last 6 years. I feel NCC has been the most consistent team the last 6 years. Making the regional championship game in 2010-2013. Overlooked is a fair statement for the breds, but I'm afraid that consistency and constant competitive edge will drop off due to a lack of talent. Being a top 3 team is not realistic for this year's NCC team

 

The lack of competition in this year's schedule is the only concern I have. Martin couldn't get the games with the big teams. We may go undefeated this year. I accept your challenge, we will be a top 10 team in the state and top 3 team all year. What lack of talent do you see? Have you seen ncc this year? Do you come to practice?

 

You may want to adjust your 6 to 4, prior to that ncc didn't win a district game for 4 years. Maybe you should have gone to summer school

I believe a big slice of Humble Pie and some Kool-Aid are on the menu today - Wow!!!

 

I think you should heed the advice of Vince Lombardi - "Act like you've been there before". . . . I know Coach Martin would echo his sentiments!

Texas tea

Are you upset?

I only speak what I see, Ncc will be a big contender in nky

Nice job on the article. Rank by Region for 2015?

 

Region 8:

1. South Oldham

2. Oldham County

3. North Oldham

4. Collins

5. Simon Kenton

6. Shelby County

and ... Carroll County, Anderson County, Walton-Verona, Grant County, Spencer County, Henry County, Gallatin County, Owen County.

 

Region 9:

1. CCH

2. St. Henry

3. Highlands

4. Cooper

5. Ryle

6. NCC

7. Boone

8. Conner

9. Holy Cross

and... Holmes, Dixie, Villa, Cov Latin, Beechwood

 

Region 10:

1. MoCo

2. Scott

3. Brossart

4. Campbell County

5. GRC

and... Paris, Harrison, Pendelton, Mason, Calvary Christian, St. Patrick

Thanks Sir, nice job on your rankings, I am glad that someone else was finally willing to stick their neck out and attach a number to a school.

With the right coach they would have won, what other team made the run they did? Regional championship, Regional final, regional final, regional semi finals, if they didn't have talent it wouldn't have happened. Not even Covington Catholic had this success, maybe time for a change at the helm. .....

 

In an earlier post you said, "It's all a matter of who was on the field, not who was coaching".

 

Why the change in Philosophy?

You all kill me

Tell me why you think Cooper Ryle and highlands are ranked higher than Ncc.

 

I guess we will have to show you

C'mon

You know what I mean

The talent tool them there, with the right coach they probably would've went further

C'mon

You know what I mean

The talent tool them there, with the right coach they probably would've went further

 

The lack of competition in this year's schedule is the only concern I have. Martin couldn't get the games with the big teams. We may go undefeated this year. I accept your challenge, we will be a top 10 team in the state and top 3 team all year. What lack of talent do you see? Have you seen ncc this year? Do you come to practice?

 

You may want to adjust your 6 to 4, prior to that ncc didn't win a district game for 4 years. Maybe you should have gone to summer school

 

"We?" are you a player or coach? If so, not sure you Are Being a bit bias? Confidence turns to Cockiness, Cockinesss leads to embarrassment. We will see how valid your statements are Come October.

Thanks Sir, nice job on your rankings, I am glad that someone else was finally willing to stick their neck out and attach a number to a school.

 

Thanks. My sabermetrics guy and lead scout nearly came to blows on this. Sheesh... it's just HS soccer and really it's just an opinion.

DBLY... No, I really do not know what you mean, or where you are coming from with some of your comments.

 

It has gotten to the point that unless someone supports your comments, or beliefs, your posts tend to lash out at them and IMO, are beginning to become disrespectful.

 

Based on some of your comments DBLY, I think it is safe to infer that you are associated with the NCC program. I am guessing a player, parent, or even possibly an Asst Coach. If you do fall into one of these groups, it might be time for you to take a timeout from commenting and refer back to the NCC Soccer Player Rules and Expectations before your next post. If I have misjudged your affiliation with the Soccer Program at NCC, I apologize in advance, if not, then you should know why I am suggesting you take a time out and read up.

9th:

1. CCHS

 

2. Cru

 

3. HHS

4. Cooper

5. Ryle

 

 

6. NCC

 

 

 

 

 

7. Rest of Region

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.