Name a team you really love to dislike

T-CATS

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie... I feel like Dixie always has a solid freshman team that can compete with a team like Highlands. But for some reason by the time these teams play again (Highlands vs. Dixie) as seniors it seems like Dixie has fallen off the map.

Reading the notes on this thread, I find that many teams "disliked" are not attributed to rivalries as much as the fans, or perceived attitude, of a particular program. I probably think along the same way. When a team's fan base shows a lack of respect for an opponent, or a team cheats, I tend to smile when they lose.

I don't hate on a team because of their success, especially if they handle that success respectfully. Prime examples would be Highlands and Mayfield. For the most part they just win and keep their mouths shut. They have earned their success but don't taunt others with it. I do wish CovCath and Beechwood would have had more recent success against HHS and Mayfield in order to improve the rivalry.

I truly can't think of a team I "Dislike" even teams that have beaten the teams I pulled for in championship games.

Now that is different than rooting against a team in a rivalry game. I don't mind seeing Ryle winning every game this year, except for their games against Cooper.

Same for CCH except when they play Beechwood.

Dislike is a harsh word. But there are a couple that come to mind.

George Rogers Clark - I watched Fans sit in their trucks behind the opposing teams and yell profanities to the players. Cops would do nothing about it.

Highlands- I have known many families that live in FTH that think because they live there they are better than most. Whatever.

Simon Kenton - By far the most obnoxious fans. Also Marksberry might be the most arrogant EDITTED I have ever met. I coached freshman football a couple of years ago for a NKY school and it was Sleeting, Raining and about 30 degrees. But they offered us no lockerroom and no shelter. Jackwagons

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 8