Apple Music

That's great article. I haven't had any issues like they mentioned. I'm sure the folks at Apple will do the right thing. It's a different company now without the touch of Steve Jobs present.

10 million people signed up for it? Wow.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great article. I haven't had any issues like they mentioned. I'm sure the folks at Apple will do the right thing. It's a different company now without the touch of Steve Jobs present.

10 million people signed up for it? Wow.

I don't like the whole concept that I lose all my downloads if I decide to stop paying them.

Something about an open ended contract that I get to keep nothing at the end that bothers me.

I don't like the whole concept that I lose all my downloads if I decide to stop paying them.

Something about an open ended contract that I get to keep nothing at the end that bothers me.

You get nothing at the end with Netflix either. But as long as you pay, you get the benefit of exploring their catalogue.

I've not used Apple Music, but I'm a devoted Spotify guy. I spent way more than $10 a month on music before subscribing. The value is definitely there for me.

You get nothing at the end with Netflix either. But as long as you pay, you get the benefit of exploring their catalogue.

I've not used Apple Music, but I'm a devoted Spotify guy. I spent way more than $10 a month on music before subscribing. The value is definitely there for me.

I can record any movie I want.

It's a little different in that I'm not building a collection by using Netflix. I can unsubscribe and re-subscribe a few months later and nothing changes. If I've got lots of albums on various devices then I'm stuck paying, figuring out which I need to buy, or losing them all.

^ People would just go crazy every few months downloading 1000's of songs for $10 each month they want to use it. No one is making any money that way.

No doubt. Not saying they should do it that way, just saying I'd rather not start down that road then feel locked in either.

I use iTunes exclusively for my music. 10 bucks a month to have the music catalog of my choosing is a bargain IMO. I've downloaded at least 20 albums and by the time I get home from Japan I should have my entire CD collection from 1990-2005 on my phone and iPad. For someone who has paid for all of my music this is a true bargain for me.

I use iTunes exclusively for my music. 10 bucks a month to have the music catalog of my choosing is a bargain IMO. I've downloaded at least 20 albums and by the time I get home from Japan I should have my entire CD collection from 1990-2005 on my phone and iPad. For someone who has paid for all of my music this is a true bargain for me.

I have somewhere in the 30,000 song neighborhood on my computer. I keep around 1000 on my phone that I rotate.

I'm with you. While I haven't downloaded nearly as much as you, I've been able to go back and fill in some missing stuff that I never got around to buying, or stuff that I had bought (CD's, LP's,etc) and have since lost. I've spent at least $10 every month buying stuff, and that would only get me 8-10 songs, or maybe one album. So this is a huge bargain, and I'll still probably buy stuff that I really love so there is no issue with me ever losing it.

I'm with you. While I haven't downloaded nearly as much as you, I've been able to go back and fill in some missing stuff that I never got around to buying, or stuff that I had bought (CD's, LP's,etc) and have since lost. I've spent at least $10 every month buying stuff, and that would only get me 8-10 songs, or maybe one album. So this is a huge bargain, and I'll still probably buy stuff that I really love so there is no issue with me ever losing it.

Word up.

• 2 months later...