Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did the NFL Punish ESPN for the criticism of its anchors Simmons and Olberman?

Featured Replies

MNF starts too late for me. I must be getting old. Rarely make it to half time anymore. Kickoff should be 730 EST. Who needs 2 hours of Gruden in the pre game show anyway.

 

I don't make it all the through many Monday night games anymore either. Usually halftime is when I pack it for the night, unless it's a game I really care about. The problem with moving kickoff up to 7:30 is that puts the start of the game in rush hour/the commute home from work for the Mountain and Pacific time zones and the very end of the commute for the Central time zone. That would hurt ratings considerably. The current kickoff time is the best compromise for a 4 time zone country.

If memory serves, once ESPN got the rights to MNF they moved up the start time by half an hour or so.

If memory serves, once ESPN got the rights to MNF they moved up the start time by half an hour or so.

 

Yep. MNF kicked off at 9pm when ABC had it. It moved to 8:30, which helps some. Usually you can watch about 3 quarters even if you go to bed at 11. I have a friend that lives in California, and he hates the 5:30 PST kickoff. With traffic, he usually misses most of the 1st quarter, and some of the 2nd.

This schedule doesn't look great on paper, but not terrible either. Year to year it is so hard in the NFL to predict which teams will be good. We will have to wait until the season is two to three games deep and then see if it is worth staying up to watch, or clock out at half time and call it a night.

Michael Smith and Jemele Hill better be careful. I love their show.

 

Yes. I wonder if they have even told to tread lightly?

Yes. I wonder if they have even told to tread lightly?

 

I haven't listened in the past week but I'll find out out here in the next couple of days.

Those slate of games aren't even that bad. Just Sunday Night > MNF > Thursday Night in terms of importance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.