June 24, 201511 yr NCAA proposes new rule for early draft entrants | Kentucky Sports Radio Big news in the college basketball world today… The NCAA proposed a new rule that will allow players to return to school after testing the NBA waters. Under the new proposal, student-athletes can attend the combine in Chicago and meet with NBA teams, then decide between another year of college or entering the draft. Seems like a big win for the players :clap:
June 24, 201511 yr Horrible news for recruiters. I would think they would want to know if they need to recruit that certain position or not? Plus a player deciding what schools might give him the chance to play may have second thoughts.
June 24, 201511 yr Author Horrible news for recruiters. I would think they would want to know if they need to recruit that certain position or not? Plus a player deciding what schools might give him the chance to play may have second thoughts. Yeah, not good news for recruiters at all
June 24, 201511 yr So this was proposed? Does it need to be voted on or something or is this the new rule from now on?
June 25, 201511 yr I just imagine that you'll have a few more kids with "Undecided" behind their name at the McD's game.
June 25, 201511 yr Author So this was proposed? Does it need to be voted on or something or is this the new rule from now on? I think it's a done deal.
June 26, 201511 yr I just imagine that you'll have a few more kids with "Undecided" behind their name at the McD's game. Why? The one year rule hasn't changed. So they still can't go straight to the NBA? This is for the kids who leave college early.
June 26, 201511 yr Who cares about recruiters? They make enough big bucks. Figure it out. That's what you get paid for.
June 26, 201511 yr Several years ago (I'll guess 5) players were able to do this. I'm glad it was switched back. It's the right thing for the college athletes, in my opinion. Let each declarant go through the process, get evaluated, and improve the area(s) in which he is deficient.
June 26, 201511 yr Why? The one year rule hasn't changed. So they still can't go straight to the NBA? This is for the kids who leave college early. Because they'll want to wait and see who is leaving a school before they commit there. Now they know pretty early. Take this year for example, if Dakari and the Twins realize they aren't going to be drafted as high as they like and come back, UK maybe doesn't pick up Briscoe or Murray.
June 26, 201511 yr Several years ago (I'll guess 5) players were able to do this. I'm glad it was switched back. It's the right thing for the college athletes, in my opinion. Let each declarant go through the process, get evaluated, and improve the area(s) in which he is deficient. I might be wrong, but wasn't Randolph Morris one of the last players that was able to do it?
June 26, 201511 yr Will the NCAA signing period change too...get pushed back to accommodate this new rule change? Or will we just see fewer guys committing at the signing week and waiting until the pro assessments are over?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.