Simple question...complex answers. Let's see what we get.

All Tell

Because of past racist behaviors condoned in the US do all white people share in the responsibility for acts like the shooting in Charleston?

A caveat, I'm in no way saying that racism doesn't still exist so please don't go there. Even Obama has acknowledged America has made great strides in his lifetime.

No, I don't believe all caucasians share responsibility for past actions of racial hatred. I do believe that as a community, Black America focuses and exerts way too much energy on the issue. Invest in what you can change, and move on from what you cannot. No amount of government intervention is going to reduce the amount of racial tension in this country. There will always be those that hate from every diverse background.

I would like to see Black America focus more on family issues, particularly the commitment of Black Men to their wives and families. Second, I would like to see more aggressive value and pursuit of higher education as a culture.

Given the access to higher education through athletic and public support for a couple of generations now, I would have liked to have seen more advancement here.

I would like to know how many Black American men and women, from stable two parent homes, that aggressively pursue higher education find racism a barrier?

Have to disagree. The shooter was exposed to propaganda of a hate group. Its basicly the same tactic as ISIS. Put hate literature out there and try to attract sympathizers who will act. Who supplied him the weapon? Those that support access to guns by the mentally ill share responsibility.

No. That would be assuming that all white people are racist. That just isn't so. We have made strides, but we are still further away than most think in total valuing of people regardless of skin color as a society and let me add the world.

This would be like saying all Muslims are responsible for ISIS actions or all blacks loot and steal in urban core areas during protests or all Hispanics responsible for immigration issues.

It is way too broad a statement to make.

Have to disagree. The shooter was exposed to propaganda of a hate group. Its basicly the same tactic as ISIS. Put hate literature out there and try to attract sympathizers who will act. Who supplied him the weapon? Those that support access to guns by the mentally ill share responsibility.
Ever hear of personal responsibility ??

Hilarious.. Personal responsibility is a conservative value.. Not so much with liberals, to them someone else is always to blame.

Funny how conservatives harp on liberals for playing the "blame" game, and play up their emphasis on "Personal Accountability". But yet, in the process of doing so, they just blame Liberals for everything, without considering their own shortcomings.

Funny how conservatives harp on liberals for playing the "blame" game, and play up their emphasis on "Personal Accountability". But yet, in the process of doing so, they just blame Liberals for everything, without considering their own shortcomings.
I don't blame my "shortcomings" on anyone but myself... Try it sometime..

I don't blame my "shortcomings" on anyone but myself... Try it sometime..

Believe it or not some, if not many Liberals do. What makes you think I don't?? Do you know me, where I've been, what I've done and accomplished?? Do you think I've gotten where I am without some level of personal accountability?? You're painting with that broad brush. Not all liberals suck, not matter how much you'd like to believe it. And you'd probably be surprised at how close my beliefs may be to yours on some issues. But since I'm a "liberal" and everything that goes along with it, I can't possibly be intelligent, hard working, etc. it's speaking in these absolutes, and using words like "all" and "every" that have created the divide that we have. Both sides are letting the extremes speak for the entire group. Some of my best friends are conservatives...of course they are the ones that aren't constantly telling me how I've ruined the country.