Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Hypothetical Island (music edition)

Featured Replies

You are to be placed on an uninhabited island for the rest of your life.......what 10 music acts recordings (their entire catalog) to you take with you for your listening pleasure while you live out your existence on this Island?

 

My list:

 

Journey

Boston

The Who

AC/DC

Foreigner

REO Speedwagon

Tesla

Night Ranger

Def Leppard

Extreme

 

.........and I sneak in Rush. :lol:

The Rolling Stones

Otis Redding

Pearl Jam

The Avett Brothers

The Lone Bellow

Willie Nelson

Trampled by Turtles

Justin Townes Earl

John Prine

Christopher Wallace

 

I'm kind of all over the place, but it is what I like.

The Rolling Stones

The Beatles

Elvis Presley

Aretha Franklin

Van Morrison

AC/DC

Carole King

Van Halen

Christopher Wallace aka the Notorious B.I.G.

Willie Nelson

1) Otis Redding

2) Sam Cooke

3) Etta James

4) John Lee Hooker

5) The Rolling Stones

6) Bob Dylan

7) Led Zeppelin

8) Radiohead

9) Pearl Jam

10) Still making up my mind...it's between Ray Charles, and Ryan Adams/Whiskeytown.

So by "their entire catalog" you mean "Sister Christian" on a loop?

I hate to defend anyone that has REO Speedwagon in their top 10 but Night Ranger actually has some other decent songs. They wouldn't sniff my top 10 or probably top 50 and by that I man top 100 but there's more to them then Sister Christian. Not much, but at least one maybe two.

You are to be placed on an uninhabited island for the rest of your life.......what 10 music acts recordings (their entire catalog) to you take with you for your listening pleasure while you live out your existence on this Island?

 

My list:

 

Journey

Boston

The Who

AC/DC

Foreigner

REO Speedwagon

Tesla

Night Ranger

Def Leppard

Extreme

 

.........and I sneak in Rush. :lol:

Did you keister your Rush to get it in?

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Pretty Random List for me...tougher than I thought to limit it to 10

 

Johnny Cash

Van Halen (Except no Cherone)

Ray Charles

The Clash

Bill Monroe

Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty

London Philharmonic Orchestra

Blind Boys of Alabama

George Jones & Tammy Wynette

Apologetix

Tough one:

 

Sly and the Family Stone

EWF

Beastie Boys

RUN DMC

Aretha

Van Morrison

Michael Jackson (Jackson 5, Jacksons, by himself)

Commodores

Sam Cooke

Otis Redding

Have to heavily favor the entire catalog stipulation in this situation.

 

Outkast- Easy #1 pick for me. Front to back quality over 20 years. Hours and hours of listening with very little skipping.

 

Led Zeppelin

Beatles

Jack White

NWA only if I get everything Dr Dre has produced/developed in the deal

Prince

Jack Johnson- Need at least one good island sound

Bob Marley- OK maybe 2

Dylan

Michael

  • Author
So by "their entire catalog" you mean "Sister Christian" on a loop?

 

I hate to defend anyone that has REO Speedwagon in their top 10 but Night Ranger actually has some other decent songs. They wouldn't sniff my top 10 or probably top 50 and by that I man top 100 but there's more to them then Sister Christian. Not much, but at least one maybe two.

 

Give this a listening to and tell me what you think.......these guys sound great over 30 years from their start.!!!

 

For a shorter sampling.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j71KrK_o9w

Give this a listening to and tell me what you think.......these guys sound great over 30 years from their start.!!!

not going to lie, when the song When You Close Your Eyes comes on I'm rocking out a little. I mean as long as no one sees me that is.

This is actually a tough list to put together. I'm not sure I can come up with ten.

10 is tough. I'm all over the place but I'd say:

 

-Paul McCartney (Beatles and Wings...maybe that's 2)

-Incubus

-Kid Cudi

-Say Anything

-Lynard Skynard

-Van Halen

-Notorious BIG

-Old Crow Medicine Show (just to hear Wagon Wheel...my favorite song ever)

-ACDC

-Aerosmith

 

Really tough. I feel I'd do better with 10 songs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.