Sepp Blatter Resigns

I'd love to think that this is a victory for the forces standing against corruption... but I'm too jaded as regards sport governance to believe that. Get ready to meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I just hope it's not that Jordanian prince that France's Michel Platini wanted everyone to vote for last week.

Nobody knows why. Could be FBI has something or sponsors leaving in droves. This was done hastily, though.

I don't think it was. I think he probably knew he would do this prior to last Friday's election but as the all time champion of smugness, he ran for and won the presidency again just to show he could.

Is there a more crooked organization in all of sport than FIFA?

Yes. The International Olympic Committee.

Remember when the Salt Lake City organizers got caught up in a bribery scandal then they had to get rid of them all and call in Mitt Romney to clean it up? Happens every two years in a different place.

Anytime you have a major international organization that answers to no government, the ease with which you can undertake corruption is startling. It's doubly simple when so many of the member federations are in countries rife with corruption in the first place.

As we celebrate one corrupt pig going down, let's all remember that the engineer of his opposition in last week's election was Michel Platini, the greatest cheerleader of all for the Qatar 2022 bid.

Blatter had his flaws, but he was only half as devious and corrupt as a lot of the people still lurking in FIFA's offices in Zurich.

As we celebrate one corrupt pig going down, let's all remember that the engineer of his opposition in last week's election was Michel Platini, the greatest cheerleader of all for the Qatar 2022 bid.

Blatter had his flaws, but he was only half as devious and corrupt as a lot of the people still lurking in FIFA's offices in Zurich.

This is like the Tour de France. You cannot find one "clean" guy in the bunch...

Yes. The International Olympic Committee.

Remember when the Salt Lake City organizers got caught up in a bribery scandal then they had to get rid of them all and call in Mitt Romney to clean it up? Happens every two years in a different place.

Anytime you have a major international organization that answers to no government, the ease with which you can undertake corruption is startling. It's doubly simple when so many of the member federations are in countries rife with corruption in the first place.

Beat me to it with the IOC comments. My ranking:

(1) FIFA

(1) Tie - IOC

(3) Clinton Foundation (not sports but accepted donations from FIFA:))

(4) NCAA