Rockies @ Reds 5/25 - 5/27

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leake has become a nibbler and acts like he is scared to challenge the strike zone. Whatever happened to pitching to contact especially against weaker hitters? The other day he walked the bottom of the order in Cleveland and none of them were hitting their weight.

Leake has become a nibbler and acts like he is scared to challenge the strike zone. Whatever happened to pitching to contact especially against weaker hitters? The other day he walked the bottom of the order in Cleveland and none of them were hitting their weight.

For a guy like Leake it's all about locating. He hasn't been able to do that the last 3 starts. Makes me worry it's due to an arm injury.

It never seems to amaze me that Reds hitters are so aggressive early in the count. I go to about 25 games a year and I always watch the pitch count for both pitchers. Almost always with the exception of Cueto, Reds pitchers pitch counts are significantly higher than the opponents. Today is a perfect example, Leake 82 pitches through 4 and Kendrick 38 pitches. Kendrick is a bum, 1-6 coming in with 6.28 era. Reds batters don't work the count. They didn't with the toothpick and they don't today. What are the managers and coaches in this organization teaching the players coming up?

For a guy like Leake it's all about locating. He hasn't been able to do that the last 3 starts. Makes me worry it's due to an arm injury.

I haven't been watching but how is his velocity? Earlier in the year he was reaching 91-92 which is his limit. But you are right about location, it is a must with him.

If I've ever learned one thing throughout my years, never bet on baseball. Stupidest sport there is to bet on.

Betting baseball is one my favorites but I think you need to follow a system or exploit things. You for sure to need to follow the game. It ain't a sport you pick up the paper and bet some games every week or 10 days.