Rockies @ Reds 5/25 - 5/27

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really like what I have seen from him.

As much as I liked his pitching, I liked the workout video they showed on FSOhio between innings. Sounds like the kid has a great work ethic and takes care of his body. Hope he is around for awhile.

What do the bench players for the Reds have to think when Price repeatedly allows pitchers to hit when they are definitely coming out of the game? Did it again with Lorenzen last night. (Granted, he hit the ball hard and the Reds bench is nothing to write home about, but they are at least SUPPOSED to be professional hitters that are, in essence, getting pinch hit for by a rookie P who didn't even bat at AAA before being called up!!!)

As much as I liked his pitching, I liked the workout video they showed on FSOhio between innings. Sounds like the kid has a great work ethic and takes care of his body. Hope he is around for awhile.

What do the bench players for the Reds have to think when Price repeatedly allows pitchers to hit when they are definitely coming out of the game? Did it again with Lorenzen last night. (Granted, he hit the ball hard and the Reds bench is nothing to write home about, but they are at least SUPPOSED to be professional hitters that are, in essence, getting pinch hit for by a rookie P who didn't even bat at AAA before being called up!!!)

Remember that Lorenzen was converted to a pitcher by the Reds. The way he runs and swings the bat, he would be one of my first options in a tight situation where I needed a key hit. The guy has a clue at the plate which is not something I can say about many of the Reds hitters.

They're doing it because they're playing a man down on the bench. They don't want to waste a bench option when it's not a critical situation.

Lorenzen, DeSclafani, and Iglesias have all shown a lot of promise thus far IMO.

Now it's time to bring up Moscot and start wheeling and dealing the likes of Cueto, Leake, and Chapman.

I'd leave Moscot where he is right now. Let these guys go till they are traded and then bring him up. No reason to start his service time early at this point. I wouldn't be upset if he replaced Marquis but I get why they are keeping him down for now. Walt made a comment about him being very close and about the Reds going young soon.

I'd leave Moscot where he is right now. Let these guys go till they are traded and then bring him up. No reason to start his service time early at this point. I wouldn't be upset if he replaced Marquis but I get why they are keeping him down for now. Walt made a comment about him being very close and about the Reds going young soon.

Well, yeah, I meant trade Cueto and Leake and bring him up. Even with Marquis gone there isn't a place for him if those two are on the roster.

Well, yeah, I meant trade Cueto and Leake and bring him up. Even with Marquis gone there isn't a place for him if those two are on the roster.

They could if they are going to limited the innings of Lorenzen and Iglesias like they say they're going to. They could take turns pitching the 3 in the rotation or out of the pen.

Schumaker 2B

Votto 1B

Frazier 3B

Bruce RF

Byrd LF

Cozart SS

Barnhart C

Leake P

Hamilton CF

And I'm tired of seeing Schumaker. Yes I know he had the game winning hit last night, and has been a very serviceable utility man over the years, but lets get the 7 years younger DeJesus Jr up here, and see if he can fill the same role.

They could if they are going to limited the innings of Lorenzen and Iglesias like they say they're going to. They could take turns pitching the 3 in the rotation or out of the pen.

With regards to the innings limits, I say you pitch them every 5th day until they hit their limit. Then just shut them down and then turn to other prospects or scrubs like Marquis.