Trinity 2015

Ram

I think he was joking or maybe being sarcastic.

That said, I think Manual was also better than everyone gives them credit for.

Sorry, hard to detect sarcasm in forums.

Watched several T games, Manual arguably most athletic team they played all year. Had some great looking kids.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In any other district Manual would have been a 1 seed (maybe a 2 in the district with Scott County but I'm not convinced of that) yet they entered the playoffs as a 4 seed, took a 4 hour bus trip and beat a 1 seed by 2 touchdowns.

I'll add to this. The Super District last year had 4 #1 seeds. None of the 4 would have finished anywhere other then #1 in any other district.

I'm hearing equal reps for Harper and Woosley...Blackburn may settle into the 3rd spot for now. Pretty sure it is a common thing but defense way ahead of offense right now. Same situation last year but as you know our offense could score with the best of them mid way or getting into the playoffs last year. Always confident the offense will move in the right direction...just like last year, it may take a little time. Bunch of seniors on the o-line and Jalen Reed looking very strong at the RB spot. It sounds like Jalen is the vocal leader of the offense so far and I like it - kid is strong and really waiting on his turn for the past 3 years. It takes a special kid to sit back and wait for his turn when he is that talented - huge bonus for the team to have him come out and be a voice for the offense. Kids can really jump on his back.

Won't get into the defense too much - again, it is very early. All signs indicate this will be a really strong group on the defensive side of the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

Today wrapped up Trinity's workouts for the first half of the summer heading into the dead period. Continues to be a 2 man race for the QB spot between Woosley and Harper. Coming back from the dead period looks to be one less QB on the roster with Andrew Zaubi heading to South Oldham. Really hate to see that but wish him the best of luck. 2nd half of the season is were things really get fun. I guess until then I'll join in on threads about new helmet logos to pass the time.

Edited by FootballFoolery
Typo

Zaubi has a bright future in front of him. I wonder what everyone would say if a player with his skill set transfered "into" the Trinity program. You just don't hear about that very often. Best of luck to the Zaubi family. I'm sure the time he spent with Coach Brohm and Coach Coverdale will be welcomed with open arms at South Oldham.

Today wrapped up Trinity's workouts for the first half of the summer heading into the dead period. Continues to be a 2 man race for the QB spot between Woosley and Harper. Coming back from the dead period looks to be one less QB on the roster with Andrew Zaubi heading to South Oldham. Really hate to see that but wish him the best of luck. 2nd half of the season is were things really get fun. I guess until then I'll join in on threads about new helmet logos to pass the time.

That's a shame, I was hearing such good things about him. Does anyone know why he's leaving? Regardless, I wish him the best at South Oldham.

That's a shame, I was hearing such good things about him. Does anyone know why he's leaving? Regardless, I wish him the best at South Oldham.

I guess in talking about it with Drew and a few others, he left because he lost trust in the program. When the Harper's left Trinity (it was announced by a coach they left the program), the three remaining QB's shared reps with the first group. He was told he is "in the mix" for varsity playing time. When the Harper's came back after being gone for two weeks, he (Zaubi) no longer got reps with the first group. How does someone leave the program for two weeks then come back ahead of you? No communication about what was happening was given. That sent a message that was not lost by many. He took it that he was essentially no longer "in the mix", even though by the coaches own admission he was doing very well. Then he (Zaubi) gets permission to miss a practice by the OC. When he returns he gets chewed out by the HC for missing practice and gets no reps that day at all. What message does the kid take away from that? In the end it was clear to him that he was not part of the next two seasons at least and the coaches had made up their minds where he stood. Very disappointed about the turn of events and how it went this spring. But he learned some life lessons from it. He did enjoy his time at Trinity and will miss the school, the many friends he made, his teammates, and especially Coach Coverdale. Wishes things would have turned out differently but it was not meant to be. He wishes the Rocks the best but it is time to move on.

I guess in talking about it with Drew and a few others, he left because he lost trust in the program. When the Harper's left Trinity (it was announced by a coach they left the program), the three remaining QB's shared reps with the first group. He was told he is "in the mix" for varsity playing time. When the Harper's came back after being gone for two weeks, he (Zaubi) no longer got reps with the first group. How does someone leave the program for two weeks then come back ahead of you? No communication about what was happening was given. That sent a message that was not lost by many. He took it that he was essentially no longer "in the mix", even though by the coaches own admission he was doing very well. Then he (Zaubi) gets permission to miss a practice by the OC. When he returns he gets chewed out by the HC for missing practice and gets no reps that day at all. What message does the kid take away from that? In the end it was clear to him that he was not part of the next two seasons at least and the coaches had made up their minds where he stood. Very disappointed about the turn of events and how it went this spring. But he learned some life lessons from it. He did enjoy his time at Trinity and will miss the school, the many friends he made, his teammates, and especially Coach Coverdale. Wishes things would have turned out differently but it was not meant to be. He wishes the Rocks the best but it is time to move on.

For every young man that makes a decision to leave the team - you will find another that went through the same adversity, politics or drama and later went on to be a great player for the Rocks. I too wish Zaubi nothing but the best and look forward to watching his growth at the new school - but want to remind our audience that kids go through this sort of situation every year. It takes a special player to hang tough and keep grinding or pushing to make his dream come true. Hundreds if not thousands of young boys grow up dreaming of being the QB at Trinity and taking them to a State Championship.

Ryan Young was one of those young men with that dream. I enjoyed his 4 year journey and the final chapter of his career as much as anyone in the history of the program. Split reps with DelVisco as a Freshman and Sophomore...he was never "THE GUY". Went on to lead the JV team to an undefeated season as a Junior putting up video game stats against a really hard schedule including Cathedral, Moeller, Colerain and many others. Then, he too went through the same adversity when Harper was announced the starter last year. As I understand it, Ryan also contemplated leaving the team at one time but with the encouragement of his team/brothers and amazing parents he decided to stick around and finally went on to lead this great program to another State Championship...land a spot at Butler University as a QB next year and be the Senior Class President along the way. Again, for every young man that decides to leave, we have another that fights through all the challenges and might even finish with a story book ending. I personally know a few...and each one is ready for the game of life more than anything. Talk about life lessons.

Just wondering, was Zaubi not projected to be in the mix for the JV job? Blackburn isn't getting the QB1 reps anymore either. Zaubi could have also been in a battle for the JV job in my opinion. Need to make sure we don't just isolate this to Varsity Reps. While Woosley and Harper get the QB1 reps, I still think we are at least 3 deep at the position with solid players. The JV guy could very well work his way back into the mix depending on the outcome of the first few games. It isn't out of the question. All the guys know they are on a "one day contract"...the price you pay to be a part of a 23 time State Champion program.

Why did Zaubi miss practice? Why were the Harper boys gone for 2 weeks? I bet we are talking about 2 totally different reasons or circumstances. Have a feeling this is an Apples and Oranges situation.

Where is Manny on the depth chart? While I look forward to seeing him this year...I doubt he is any further ahead of Rodjay, Dalton J, Carrico and Enzo P. We can't paint a picture that the Coaches gave Larry the job and pushed another kid out after the 2 week absence when his brother is stuck behind a bunch of amazing Seniors. Larry is in the middle of his own battle - I assure you nobody is giving him anything...Woosley won't let that happen. If Larry "wins" the battle like last year, Woosley will be ready to jump back into the WR spot and be ready to contribute at QB at the same time.

I love it! Hurry up Aug 7th!!!