Tyler Smith to Iowa

02Ram54

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only to verboten sites. Both Scout and Rivals have it.

I just read it on Rivals. How can Tubby lose out on this kid to Alford who has done nothing?( sorry won a few conference tourneys) The schools UK was competing against for this kid should not have beaten UK out. I have never complained about Tubby as a coach but his recruiting is horrible.

I just read it on Rivals. How can Tubby lose out on this kid to Alford who has done nothing?( sorry won a few conference tourneys) The schools UK was competing against for this kid should not have beaten UK out. I have never complained about Tubby as a coach but his recruiting is horrible.

UK was never considered the favorite for him, actually we were never even considered really one of the top 2 teams that he considered the most. So there really isnt that big of a surprise here. It would have been nice to have him here, but the guy I still really would want more than him is Phil Jones. I just hope his test scores when they come back are good enough and that he will come here!

He would have made a great addition to the 2006 class, but I believe that Stevenson is going to surprise people with what he is going to be able to do at the #4 spot in the lineup.

I dont see Stevenson doing that much this year, unless he finds away to put on alot of weight in the next couple of months. I see him getting decent playing time but not much. He will help on the defensive end though with this ability to block shots which is what we need down low!!! But I really dont see him doing anything great to help us out this year,but I hope I am wrong!

Let me get this straight. One of the main concerns for Smith was coaching stability. With that in mind he picks Alford and Iowa? A school that is replacing an AD and has a HC that can't win. The "Where will Smith transfer" threads next year will be fun. Bring back some corn Tyler... ;)