Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who fills each open Coaching position?

Featured Replies

He improved the recruiting at 50K a pop. To only make the tournament 2 times with the talent on hand was terrible...

 

I've got to disagree on this one. He upgraded recruiting but name one player that he had that had so much talent he wasted it?

 

You've also got to remember he missed an entire year with cancer. That had to take a mental, physical and professional toll on him and St. John's.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

I've got to disagree on this one. He upgraded recruiting but name one player that he had that had so much talent he wasted it?

 

You've also got to remember he missed an entire year with cancer. That had to take a mental, physical and professional toll on him and St. John's.

 

He was always the last guy to arrive to work and the first to leave. Show up around 11 and be gone by 4. There were constant discipline problems because of the poor example he set.

 

Where do you want me to start on guys that should have been much better? Mo Harkless, Jakarr Sampson, Obekpa, Pointer for 3 years before finally being good as a senior, Harrison because you never knew when he'd be suspended. The list is a long one...

DePaul is bringing back former coach Dave Leitao.

Lot of mentions of Barnes to Tennessee.

 

28 years as a head coach at 4 different schools and only 2 losing seasons. Someone is going to offer him a job and it shouldn't take long. I can see UT going for him for sure. They need a name and someone who can bring stability.

One report says Chris Mullin will accept the SJU job.

One report says Chris Mullin will accept the SJU job.

I saw this on Twitter also.

Who I would hire:

Texas- Shaka Smart

Alabama- Gregg Marshall

Tennessee- Brad Underwood

St. John's- Mark Jackson

 

I think Texas will go get Gregg Marshall. I think Bobby Hurley will end up at St. John's. I have no idea who Bama and UT end up with, but I will scream it from the mountain tops that one of them should go get Brad Underwood from Stephen F. Austin if they can't get the bigger names that they may covet.

 

 

Did you see the reports today? Apparently Texas AD Steve Patterson was talking about his experience as President and GM of the Portland Trailblazers.

 

I really wouldn't be surprised if they went after someone with pro ties. Makes sense in such a talent heavy state where they lose kids to programs like your Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, and all those.

 

I really wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Avery Johnson get the job and Texas start selling in-state kids on playing for a coach with NBA experience and to start trying to keep kids at home by selling that angle and Texas' branding.

Did you see the reports today? Apparently Texas AD Steve Patterson was talking about his experience as President and GM of the Portland Trailblazers.

 

I really wouldn't be surprised if they went after someone with pro ties. Makes sense in such a talent heavy state where they lose kids to programs like your Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, and all those.

 

I really wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Avery Johnson get the job and Texas start selling in-state kids on playing for a coach with NBA experience and to start trying to keep kids at home by selling that angle and Texas' branding.

 

Avery is intriguing. It isn't what I would do. That being said, Avery would obviously be a solid hire.

Avery is intriguing. It isn't what I would do. That being said, Avery would obviously be a solid hire.

 

Agreed. Apparently he has some AAU ties and/or knows who does (see: Plano West). Would be intriguing with his kid and a lot of those Plano West kids looking like they have a thing going on with A&M. Might not be Avery, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them try and do the Hoiberg/Iowa St. thing and reach into the pro ranks for a coach. They'll be able to pay as much as any college job is going to be able to if that's what it takes.

Saw something on Twitter that said Shaka Smart was Texas target 1a with Marshall being 1b.

 

Would be a catastrophic mistake to hire Smart IMO. He will get exposed at a program like Texas in a conference like the Big 12. They want to be a program to join the elite, Marshall is the guy.

 

Avery Johnson is a VERY intriguing name. Not sure how he'd translate to the college game, but I could see him doing big things there.

Saw something on Twitter that said Shaka Smart was Texas target 1a with Marshall being 1b.

 

Would be a catastrophic mistake to hire Smart IMO. He will get exposed at a program like Texas in a conference like the Big 12. They want to be a program to join the elite, Marshall is the guy.

 

Avery Johnson is a VERY intriguing name. Not sure how he'd translate to the college game, but I could see him doing big things there.

 

I see several on this board that dislikes Smart. What is it about him that people dislike?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.