Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ole Miss 94 BYU 90

Featured Replies

Ouch...there goes a Sweet 16 team and the tournament hasn't even really started yet

....

 

I think you guys are over-thinking it. BYU wasn't going to shoot 73% from the arc for the game, their defensive awareness was an all-time low, they were getting shredded off the high ball screen, they were unable to handle flat screens, and they couldn't slow down the dribble drive. Dave Rose is what he is, an offensive coordinator, and they stopped making shots. You have to be able to get stops, and never, ever, did they show the ability to in any way impact Ole Miss' offense.

 

Gametime made a great point on Twitter: the shame is a game that everybody lauds as great basketball, because it was high scoring, was really the absence of any defense whatsoever.

^Great basketball, absolutely not. It was highly entertaining to watch though.

....

 

Gametime made a great point on Twitter: the shame is a game that everybody lauds as great basketball, because it was high scoring, was really the absence of any defense whatsoever.

 

Take the names of the teams off the scoreboard and players chests, and what game would 95% of fans rather watch, last night or Purdue vs. Cincinnati?

 

I can appreciate a team that works really hard on defense, but I think last night is much more enjoyable than what we'll get from Purdue & Cincy on Thursday.

 

Neither is great basketball, so if we aren't having great basketball...give me last night.

^Great basketball, absolutely not. It was highly entertaining to watch though.

 

No question. I say that exact same thing about Deveroes' Summer League every year when asked why I go up to watch on weekends.

Take the names of the teams off the scoreboard and players chests, and what game would 95% of fans rather watch, Last night or Purdue vs. Cincinnati?

 

I can appreciate a team that works really hard on defense, but I think last night is much more enjoyable than what we'll get from Purdue & Cincy on Thursday.

 

Oh, no question, and I think the sweet spot is right in between those two games.

I don't care if it's good bad or in different basketball. AK is still coaching on Thursday and I had a heck of a night with my Dad.

Better result for Ole Miss this time around than in its earlier trip to UD Arena back in December. Still can't believe that second half.

 

In the end, looking at tomorrow's matchup I think I like MTGL's prediction of roughly a five point Xavier win.

I think which ever team won this game will beat X. They don't play much D either.

I think which ever team won this game will beat X. They don't play much D either.

 

BYU was about the 150th best defensive team, accomplished while playing a Top 75 schedule.

 

Xavier is a top 50 defensive team while playing a top 10 schedule.

 

They'll seem like 9 Gary Payton's when compared to what BYU offered on that end of the court.

Being a Rebel fan, I am ashamed to say I gave up at the half and watched the Murray State game only to find out Ole Miss came back and won

It had a Loyola Marymount feel for a while last night.

 

Yep.

Being a Rebel fan, I am ashamed to say I gave up at the half and watched the Murray State game only to find out Ole Miss came back and won

 

Never lose faith. I didn't leave me seat last night, then got AK to autograph my program from the First Four as they packed up to head to Jacksonville. This is the second huge 2nd half comeback I can remember with AK at Ole Miss. Several years ago they came back down 23 in the 2nd half against Alabama. That was a fun one too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.