Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cole Von Handorf

Featured Replies

....

 

I'm not the statistician that many of you are, admittedly, but by my rough math Cole is about 15 points away from 1,000 Covington Catholic points (as a sophomore) and is nearly over 1,500 varsity points already. That young man has a chance to eclipse 2,000 varsity points next year as a Junior, and 2,000 CovCath points is certainly a possibility if the young man can stay healthy. It is well known I am an enormous fan of this young man, both on the court, but even more so off it, but even excusing that bias, these are pretty cool accomplishments for CVH.

 

Kudos to Cole and his family, and best of luck this March and the next couple of years. :thumb:

I would like to say he is 12 points away but don't quote me on this. But on the other hand I heard his mother say he is only 1 point away also could be wrong on that. Would love to know the exact number

School record is definitely a possibility.

If the KHSAA site stats are correct, he's 13 shy. 380 last year and 607 so far this year.

NKY is very lucky to have two great scoring sophomores. Jake Ohmer from Scott High eclipsed the 1,000 point total in their Regional Seminfinal victory over Harrison County. Cole and Jake are one of many talented young players in NKY. Ethan Snapp (junior from Newport), Carson Williams (junior, Owen Co), and Matt Wilson (JR, Campbell Co) also are very, very good players. That would be a great AAU team!!

NKY is very lucky to have two great scoring sophomores. Jake Ohmer from Scott High eclipsed the 1' date='000 point total in their Regional Seminfinal victory over Harrison County. Cole and Jake are one of many talented young players in NKY. Ethan Snapp (junior from Newport), Carson Williams (junior, Owen Co), and Matt Wilson (JR, Campbell Co) also are very, very good players. That would be a great AAU team!![/quote']

 

Don't forget McNeil at Cooper! Another super soph

That is absolutely amazing. But MTGL, are you saying that he could break 2000 next season? That would mean he'd have to score close to 1000 next year alone, right? I know its been done, and he would be a good candidate for the next one to do it, but it is incredibly difficult.

Not sure I'm understanding your stats. Are you saying he has 1000 pts for his career or 1000 pts for this season. Khsaa has him just over 600 for this year. I could him see him ending his career in the high 2000' s . 1000 pts in a single season is very very hard to obtain.

CVH is an amazing player. He does incredible things instinctively, plays with confidence and within himself, while being a total team player.

 

Monday night in the second half I watched only him. On the ball, off the ball, on offense, on defense. Just him.

 

Leads when necessary and never takes a play off.

 

If you can't tell - I'm a huge fan.

  • Author
That is absolutely amazing. But MTGL, are you saying that he could break 2000 next season? That would mean he'd have to score close to 1000 next year alone, right? I know its been done, and he would be a good candidate for the next one to do it, but it is incredibly difficult.

 

He has almost 1,000 at CovCath and almost 1,500 varsity points including Villa. He will go over 2,000 varsity points next season, then should accomplish 2,000 CCH points his senior year.

  • Author
Not sure I'm understanding your stats. Are you saying he has 1000 pts for his career or 1000 pts for this season. Khsaa has him just over 600 for this year. I could him see him ending his career in the high 2000' s . 1000 pts in a single season is very very hard to obtain.

 

 

See post #12 .

Not sure I'm understanding your stats. Are you saying he has 1000 pts for his career or 1000 pts for this season. Khsaa has him just over 600 for this year. I could him see him ending his career in the high 2000' s . 1000 pts in a single season is very very hard to obtain.

 

I think MTGL is saying that CVH is close to 1000 career points wearing a Covington Catholic uniform (he already has 1000 career points if you include his 8th grade season played at Villa High School).

 

MTGL said he has a chance to get 2000 career points in a CCH uniform next season, and I said that it is difficult but not impossible to scorer 1000 points (or close to) in just one season (since he is juts now getting 1000 in his 2nd CCH season).

He has almost 1,000 at CovCath and almost 1,500 varsity points including Villa. He will go over 2,000 varsity points next season, then should accomplish 2,000 CCH points his senior year.

 

Agreed. Thanks for clearing that up. Although like I said (and I think you'd agree) if there is a player to score close to 1000 in a single season, CVH would be it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.