Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carroll Job?

Featured Replies

Has anyone heard any word on the Carroll County job?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They messed up firing Weedman and his staff. They had quality men and good football minds there. Treated unfairly, and unfortunately for the kids I don't think that the powers that be are capable of replacing them.

I heard it was a mess there however they are doing interveiws right now.

I heard it was a mess there however they are doing interveiws right now.

 

Saw yesterday they are selling most of their weight room equipment. Maybe they got new stuff, maybe not, just seemed to be odd to be selling the stuff before the new coach is hired.

I heard it was a mess there however they are doing interveiws right now.

 

Shocker.

This is what I have gathered...the superintendent forced the head football coach to resign because his son is the QB and the current staff was not running an offense that was showcasing his skill-set (every time I hear the term "showcasing" I want to puke...it screams BIG ME little team). If that is all what is a "Mess" at Carroll County...that is a big mess to deal with. A coach will never be successful having that kind leadership over them.

Plus they had a very quality and loyal staff in place there and they rewarded and shown appreciation with being forced out by the super...again that is a mess I would not want to be apart of.

This is what I have gathered...the superintendent forced the head football coach to resign because his son is the QB and the current staff was not running an offense that was showcasing his skill-set (every time I hear the term "showcasing" I want to puke...it screams BIG ME little team). If that is all what is a "Mess" at Carroll County...that is a big mess to deal with. A coach will never be successful having that kind leadership over them.

 

I hope this isn't true and if it is that's just sad to hear.

I hope this isn't true and if it is that's just sad to hear.

 

Its true.

Its true.

 

100% True

Similar incident happened in Jessamine County with another sport. Principal was mad @ a coach because his son was not getting playing time. The coach noted quickly that the principal was getting forceful & began documenting all conversations, emails, etc... Principal was re-assigned after the year.

 

Documentation, Documentation, Documentation & then Document the Documentation.

One of the first openings and one of the last to hire. They have dropped the ball on this one, in every way possible. From Coach Weedman's forced resignation to the feet dragging on the hire.

One of the first openings and one of the last to hire. They have dropped the ball on this one, in every way possible. From Coach Weedman's forced resignation to the feet dragging on the hire.

 

I dont know what truth there is to this, but someone from Carroll Co told me this weekend (and I will preface this that they work in the district) said that there were initially 5 coaches apply, and all 5 pulled their names from consideration, and there has been nothing since.

I dont know what truth there is to this, but someone from Carroll Co told me this weekend (and I will preface this that they work in the district) said that there were initially 5 coaches apply, and all 5 pulled their names from consideration, and there has been nothing since.

 

So what has kept this program from being more successful in the past under the old staff? Talent? Seems like they have decent facilitites and numbers? Well respected staff?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.