Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 84 North Carolina 77

Featured Replies

Final from Chapel Hill. Duke just outplayed Carolina the last 10 minutes again.

Final from Chapel Hill. Duke just outplayed Carolina the last 10 minutes again.

 

Roy is so bad. Deer in the headlights look.

  • Author
That backcourt tho....

 

What I like about Cook as well is his defense.

  • Author

Also what impressed me was when Duke came back and took the lead they did so without Winslow and Okafor on the court.

Fun fact

 

This is just the 2nd time in over 50 years that North Carolina has suffered 3 straight 10-loss seasons (also 2001-02 to 2003-04). The only other time North Carolina lost 10 games in at least 3 straight years was from 1949-50 to 1954-55. Roy Williams becomes the 1st coach in North Carolina history to suffer 3 straight 10-loss seasons since Frank McGuire (1952-53 to 1954-55).

Also what impressed me was when Duke came back and took the lead they did so without Winslow and Okafor on the court.

 

I thought when Winslow was out Duke was in deep trouble, turns out this team impresses me again. There was a stretch when Okafor, Winslow and Tyus were all out. Duke took a lead with all of them out.

Looks like the ACC with two no. 1 seeds.

Good game lats night, I enjoyed watching it.

 

I think Duke is better than Virginia.

Good game lats night, I enjoyed watching it.

 

I think Duke is better than Virginia.

 

I think this weeks upcoming rankings will be correct with UK 1 and Duke 2. Duke might lose in the ACC tournament because how tough the conference is but I still think they are legitimately the only team that can take down UK.

I think this weeks upcoming rankings will be correct with UK 1 and Duke 2. Duke might lose in the ACC tournament because how tough the conference is but I still think they are legitimately the only team that can take down UK.

 

Yeah I think you're right. Duke has everything you need to make a nice run in the tournament, and that starts with guard play. Not often you have the guard play they do and possibly the best big in the country.

What was the deal with Winslow in this game? ESPN highlights showed him kicking a UNC defensive player in the stomach/chest as Winslow was attacking the basket and another clip of him wrapping his feet around a Tar Heel and bringing him down while Winslow was laying on his back on the hardwood. According to ESPN using the feet and legs to wrap someone up is a violation.

 

I suppose it was all in the heat of battle in a big rivalry game but two incidents in one game makes me wonder about his win by all means thinking.

With that being said I think Winslow is a great talent and a future NBAer.

I was just wondering, since I don't watch many Duke games (didn't watch this one, only saw the highlights), does he always play that aggressive or was these two incidents just an anomaly for him.

Yeah I think you're right. Duke has everything you need to make a nice run in the tournament, and that starts with guard play. Not often you have the guard play they do and possibly the best big in the country.

 

Agreed. The only scary thing will be is their defense. If that is even average they can make a very solid run. Average defense is all I'm asking for.

What was the deal with Winslow in this game? ESPN highlights showed him kicking a UNC defensive player in the stomach/chest as Winslow was attacking the basket and another clip of him wrapping his feet around a Tar Heel and bringing him down while Winslow was laying on his back on the hardwood. According to ESPN using the feet and legs to wrap someone up is a violation.

 

 

 

I suppose it was all in the heat of battle in a big rivalry game but two incidents in one game makes me wonder about his win by all means thinking.

With that being said I think Winslow is a great talent and a future NBAer.

I was just wondering, since I don't watch many Duke games (didn't watch this one, only saw the highlights), does he always play that aggressive or was these two incidents just an anomaly for him.

 

 

What Winslow did was not aggressive play. it was dirty play. He's too good of a player to act like that. Should have been 2 flagrant 1 fouls on him. Try that in the NBA and it's a different reaction from the opposing team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.