Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New 3-D food printing idea could change how we think about food

Featured Replies

This is kind of crazy...but cutting edge and could be something we see in the not too distant future.

 

https://www.yahoo.com/food/video-credit-dezeen-how-a-3d-printed-cracker-112726888441.html

 

One day, 10 years from now, you might find yourself hankering for a snack. No, you don’t plunk a few quarters into a vending machine in return for a salty bag of potato chips. Instead, you reach for a 3D-printed cracker, which over the last few days, has sprouted nutritious-and-delicious mushrooms and greens.

 

It’s not some sci-fi fantasy. These snacks are the creation of Dutch food designer Chloé Rutzerveld, who designed the novel treat for a project she calls “Edible Growth,” which explores 3D-printing with living organisms.

  • Author
This is kind of crazy...but cutting edge and could be something we see in the not too distant future.

 

https://www.yahoo.com/food/video-credit-dezeen-how-a-3d-printed-cracker-112726888441.html

 

One day, 10 years from now, you might find yourself hankering for a snack. No, you don’t plunk a few quarters into a vending machine in return for a salty bag of potato chips. Instead, you reach for a 3D-printed cracker, which over the last few days, has sprouted nutritious-and-delicious mushrooms and greens.

 

It’s not some sci-fi fantasy. These snacks are the creation of Dutch food designer Chloé Rutzerveld, who designed the novel treat for a project she calls “Edible Growth,” which explores 3D-printing with living organisms.

 

However, can't one do this with a piece of old bread right now?:idunno::lol2:

All it can do now is grow salad....in 3 to 5 days?

 

Call me when it can print a Twinkie!

I have a buddy who is very much in the 3D printing industry. He's told me all about it numerous times and I can't wrap my brain around it. I think I'll be seeing him tonight, I'll have to ask him about this.

As long as it tastes like pizza.

I have a buddy who is very much in the 3D printing industry. He's told me all about it numerous times and I can't wrap my brain around it. I think I'll be seeing him tonight, I'll have to ask him about this.

 

Ask him what are the implications/outlook is for biological reproduction using 3D printing technology.

We have a 3D printer for design prototypes at work. It prints 3D parts by laying down layer after layer of material. I can see it "printing" a food, but in this case the printed cracker is just a medium for organic farming.

  • Author
Nah... :stop:

 

Here's your moldy bread sir...ummmmm...I mean highly advanced cracker nutrition delivery system appetizer.:sssh:

So, now I have to buy a ream of paper, printer ink, and a dough cartridge?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.