Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK vs Florida predictions

Which team will win? 16 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cal started Krebs in 2010. I imagine he will start all the seniors.

If they were scholarship players then yes. These guys are walkons. Big difference IMO.

If they were scholarship players then yes. These guys are walkons. Big difference IMO.

 

Not really... If they are 4-year walk-ons, that's even more reason to start them, IMO.

Not really... If they are 4-year walk-ons, that's even more reason to start them, IMO.

I'm not against starting them. Just don't think it's an automatic.

I'm not against starting them. Just don't think it's an automatic.

 

I think it should be an automatic. It's not going to hurt anything.

I agree. It's not going to hurt anything to let these 3 individuals start 1 game - the last game of their careers at Rupp!

I don't know what any of this means. What are you talking about?

 

See the link in #12 .

 

As for what I said about Dominique Hawkins & Cameron Mills is that they are good enough to hold their own and regularly see playing time.

 

I don't see what good can come out of them starting that wouldn't otherwise be there if they didn't. If they start, Florida jumps out to a lead, and Kentucky doesn't wind up recovering and goes on to lose, can you imagine what will be said and written? Can you imagine what a divisive issue it'd be for the team as a whole and the kind of implications a loss under those circumstances might have?

 

I'm just saying don't even risk it. Too much at stake. I'd feel different if they weren't undefeated, if there weren't three seniors who aren't really D1 players out there together as opposed to just one, things like that.

 

If you are one of the walkons, yea, it might sting, but you still have a pretty sweet deal just being there for all the history that's taking place. I'd honestly think that if the walk-ons don't start and actually publicly complained about it or something then I couldn't help but look at them as a bit less of a teammate. I'd look at them as the guy who said, "I don't care if it risks history and what this would mean for the program, I should have started Senior Day".

Honestly, I'd think a lot more of any one of the guys if they stepped up and just said to the media, "I'm not starting because I'm not as good as Aaron Harrison and we have a chance to be historically good, stop making this a story, I want to focus on winning". Maybe Cal lets them in for some extra time in an SEC Tournament or NCAA Tournament game in a blowout to make up for it, but I think it's best to let them get their time once the game has been decided.

See the link in #12 .

 

As for what I said about Dominique Hawkins & Cameron Mills is that they are good enough to hold their own and regularly see playing time.

 

I don't see what good can come out of them starting that wouldn't otherwise be there if they didn't. If they start, Florida jumps out to a lead, and Kentucky doesn't wind up recovering and goes on to lose, can you imagine what will be said and written? Can you imagine what a divisive issue it'd be for the team as a whole and the kind of implications a loss under those circumstances might have?

 

I'm just saying don't even risk it. Too much at stake. I'd feel different if they weren't undefeated, if there weren't three seniors who aren't really D1 players out there together as opposed to just one, things like that.

 

If you are one of the walkons, yea, it might sting, but you still have a pretty sweet deal just being there for all the history that's taking place. I'd honestly think that if the walk-ons don't start and actually publicly complained about it or something then I couldn't help but look at them as a bit less of a teammate. I'd look at them as the guy who said, "I don't care if it risks history and what this would mean for the program, I should have started Senior Day".

 

What will be said is this: "The number 1 overall seed goes to the Kentucky Wildcats."

See the link in #12 .

 

As for what I said about Dominique Hawkins & Cameron Mills is that they are good enough to hold their own and regularly see playing time.

 

I don't see what good can come out of them starting that wouldn't otherwise be there if they didn't. If they start, Florida jumps out to a lead, and Kentucky doesn't wind up recovering and goes on to lose, can you imagine what will be said and written? Can you imagine what a divisive issue it'd be for the team as a whole and the kind of implications a loss under those circumstances might have?

 

I'm just saying don't even risk it. Too much at stake. I'd feel different if they weren't undefeated, if there weren't three seniors who aren't really D1 players out there together as opposed to just one, things like that.

 

If you are one of the walkons, yea, it might sting, but you still have a pretty sweet deal just being there for all the history that's taking place. I'd honestly think that if the walk-ons don't start and actually publicly complained about it or something then I couldn't help but look at them as a bit less of a teammate. I'd look at them as the guy who said, "I don't care if it risks history and what this would mean for the program, I should have started Senior Day".

 

:lol2: What exactly could possibly happen that they couldn't recover from? If they aren't able to recover from the results of 30 seconds to a minute, and lose it wouldn't be because the 3 walk-ons started. It'd be because they 9 guys that are studs dropped the ball.

 

Seriously, what possibly could go wrong if they start them, win the tip (because they always win the tip), and after the 1st possession Cal instructs one of them to foul and then he brings in the twins and Lyles?

What will be said is this: "The number 1 overall seed goes to the Kentucky Wildcats."

 

:lol2: Pretty much. But can you imagine the reactions!?!?

Honestly, I'd think a lot more of any one of the guys if they stepped up and just said to the media, "I'm not starting because I'm not as good as Aaron Harrison and we have a chance to be historically good, stop making this a story, I want to focus on winning". Maybe Cal lets them in for some extra time in an SEC Tournament or NCAA Tournament game in a blowout to make up for it, but I think it's best to let them get their time once the game has been decided.

 

Don't kid yourself, the outcome of this game has long since been decided.

Honestly, I'd think a lot more of any one of the guys if they stepped up and just said to the media, "I'm not starting because I'm not as good as Aaron Harrison and we have a chance to be historically good, stop making this a story, I want to focus on winning". Maybe Cal lets them in for some extra time in an SEC Tournament or NCAA Tournament game in a blowout to make up for it, but I think it's best to let them get their time once the game has been decided.

 

How about the normal starters and guys who play step up and say yes let the walk-ons start because they have been through all the same workouts as us for the last 4 years and deserve to hear their name called in the starting lineup for the first and last time of the careers. They should say its ok because we have their backs, and we will make sure we still win the game for them no matter how it starts.

 

You start the seniors, period.

:lol2: Pretty much. But can you imagine the reactions!?!?

 

Yeah I'm sure the 3 walk-ons' reactions would be "we still got the number 1 seed even though I played a minute on Senior Day?!? WOW!"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.