Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many Duke players start for UK?

Featured Replies

I think WCS is the most overrated college basketball player in the country, but that is for another thread in itself. That doesn't mean I think he sucks, just that he is not a top player of the year type talent. He allows for UK to be versatile on the perimeter, but he has a lot of holes in his game.

 

He's the best defensive player in the country and it's not even close. Not sure how that makes him overrated?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nobody else on that list is as one dimensional as WCS is. Yes, he is a great defender. If they aren't throwing him lobs, he is a non factor offensively.

 

But the threat of that combined with his very special defense puts him in the conversation. He's one dimensional offensively but there is no one in the game more diversified in defensive impact. He's not just a great defender, he is special.

He's the best defensive player in the country and it's not even close. Not sure how that makes him overrated?

 

He is being rated many as the top player in college basketball, I do not see him as that. Hence, he is overrated. Doesn't mean he can't be the best defender in the country and doesn't mean I think he is a bad player.

He is being rated many as the top player in college basketball, I do not see him as that. Hence, he is overrated. Doesn't mean he can't be the best defender in the country and doesn't mean I think he is a bad player.

 

Doug Gottlieb is the only person I've seen to say he's the top player. I wouldn't call that many....

He is being rated many as the top player in college basketball, I do not see him as that. Hence, he is overrated. Doesn't mean he can't be the best defender in the country and doesn't mean I think he is a bad player.

 

I agree, he should not be in that conversation.

According to the other thread on this subject all of Dukes starters would start at UK, maybe KAT would start but that's about it.

Well upon thinking about it a little more, if Cal is coaching and preaching play defense or sit down...could any Duke player play for him?

 

 

FWIW this and the other thread are absolutely ridiculous.

Doug Gottlieb is the only person I've seen to say he's the top player. I wouldn't call that many....

 

Isn't WCS in the running for the Naismith Award? If so, then college basketball really is booty.

According to the other thread on this subject all of Dukes starters would start at UK, maybe KAT would start but that's about it.

That's exactly right. That being said UK is still a much better team than Duke despite having superior starters.

Well upon thinking about it a little more, if Cal is coaching and preaching play defense or sit down...could any Duke player play for him?

 

 

FWIW this and the other thread are absolutely ridiculous.

Then don't comment on them. That's what I do when I see threads I have no interest in. :D

KAT

Okafor

Lyles

Tyus Jones

Booker

 

 

WCS

Winslow

Harrisons

Quinn Cook

Then don't comment on them. That's what I do when I see threads I have no interest in. :D

 

Pull your panties out of the wad they are in...I'm just messing around.

Pull your panties out of the wad they are in...I'm just messing around.

You're the one with the panties in the wad whining about the thread(s). :lol2:

No way WCS is #2 on that list.

 

Okay, I could see him at 3rd, but he isn't any lower than that, IMO. I think his defense is the best in the country and he is the best individual defender, interior defender, help defender, athlete as a big, rebounder and shot blocker on this list. I value that a ton. What he lacks offensively he more than makes up for in defensive versatility. He can still get you points and although he is limited in the half court, he is probably the best of these bigs on the fast break because of his speed and athleticism.

Towns gets you just as many rebounds a game right now. He's much better defensively in every aspect, and is quicker. Go read any scout's take on any mock draft and what's one major concern about Okafor? His stuggle with lateral movement.

 

All I can go on is watching both of them and I disagree with anyone that says KAT is laterally quicker or a better rebounder than Okafor.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.