Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many Duke players start for UK?

Featured Replies

None of them, they can't play defense. Cal has shown us time and time again that if you don't play defense, you don't play.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Towns would definately play over Okafor to close out games. Okafor isn't even close defensivley and is a liability on offense as you can "Hack a Shaq" as he shoots 52% from the line while Towns is 79%.

Everybody has their opinions on Okahfor and his defense, or lack thereof. However, to me, I almost see it as K telling him to be very conservative on D to prevent fouling. Let's be honest here, outside of him, Duke has NOBODY to play in the post. He gets in foul trouble and Duke is in trouble.

Okafor definitely starts. I'm coming around to Justice Winslow over Poythress (but see the case for each). Winslow is going to be a lottery pick and it just depends on the kind of lineup you use him in. For me, I'd like more consistency from him. Kind of wonder if he has that DeAndre Liggins or MKG "stand on your throat" mentality though. Sometimes it's just not in dudes. I don't agree with Tyus Jones. You put Tyus Jones and Aaron Harrison in the lineup together? Nah, you start Andrew and Aaron. Maybe Jones in a lineup where he's the 1, Booker is the 2, Winslow/Lyles is the 3, WCS/Towns is the 4, Okafor is the 5, then maybe there's a case for him. Still don't think he's considerably (if at all) better than Andrew Harrison and Tyler Ulis can be just as solid of a floor general/game manager at your #2 PG spot as anyone. I haven't been impressed with Jones.

Okafor definitely starts. I'm coming around to Justice Winslow over Poythress (but see the case for each). Winslow is going to be a lottery pick and it just depends on the kind of lineup you use him in. For me, I'd like more consistency from him. Kind of wonder if he has that DeAndre Liggins or MKG "stand on your throat" mentality though. Sometimes it's just not in dudes. I don't agree with Tyus Jones. You put Tyus Jones and Aaron Harrison in the lineup together? Nah, you start Andrew and Aaron. Maybe Jones in a lineup where he's the 1, Booker is the 2, Winslow/Lyles is the 3, WCS/Towns is the 4, Okafor is the 5, then maybe there's a case for him. Still don't think he's considerably (if at all) better than Andrew Harrison and Tyler Ulis can be just as solid of a floor general/game manager at your #2 PG spot as anyone. I haven't been impressed with Jones.

 

I wish I had seen this post before tonight. Had I seen it I'd have said that if Tyus Jones hasn't impressed you then you aren't paying attention. He's been the most clutch freshman PG at Duke since Bobby Hurley. Tyus has shown up in every big game this year and did so again against UNC tonight. ONLY Duke player to average 20 points and 7 assists against UNC in their first two games against UNC. Jones is a beast.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.