Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Golf Over Easter Weekend???

Featured Replies

I got to play 36 holes over my Easter Break. The weather was beautiful, but the wind played a factor in a lot of my shots. I shot 88-82 on consecutive days. I'll take that for my first two times playing all year. I usually don't get started until June. Hopefully my scores keep getting lower.

 

Any other golf stories, scores, etc. from Easter weekend?

I played the day before easter 45-40=85. Not very happy at first but turned it around. It was amazing outside.

I didn't play Easter weekend, and I've only played twice this year. The results were not pretty.

Now that I'm living in Pineville, I will be playing Wasiota Winds almost daily, so maybe my game will improve. It had better.....that course can eat you alive if you're spraying the ball around, water on 14 holes.:eek:

I didn't play Easter weekend, and I've only played twice this year. The results were not pretty.

Now that I'm living in Pineville, I will be playing Wasiota Winds almost daily, so maybe my game will improve. It had better.....that course can eat you alive if you're spraying the ball around, water on 14 holes.:eek:

My game improved a lot playing almost every day down there. I miss those days. :cry:

Played 18 at a short "ego" course here in Maysville, shot 77. I'll take it the first time out.

  • Author
Played 18 at a short "ego" course here in Maysville, shot 77. I'll take it the first time out.

Laurel Oaks or Kenton Station???

I played!! I sucked!!!!

Laurel Oaks or Kenton Station???

 

Kenton Station. I generally shoot around 82-84 at Laurel Oaks from the whites; best was 75. Best at KS was 71.

I played!! I sucked!!!!

 

:thumb: :thumb:

  • Author
Kenton Station. I generally shoot around 82-84 at Laurel Oaks from the whites; best was 75. Best at KS was 71.

What about MCC? Tough course: small greens and a lot of iron tee shots.

What about MCC? Tough course: small greens and a lot of iron tee shots.

 

I'm not a member there but I play a couple of scrambles each year. I've only played for a score a couple of times, somewhere around 85 or so.

 

Can't stand the 6th hole, but I like everything else about the course.

  • Author
I'm not a member there but I play a couple of scrambles each year. I've only played for a score a couple of times, somewhere around 85 or so.

 

Can't stand the 6th hole, but I like everything else about the course.

#6 is a bear. Takes a straight, a very straight, iron shot and an almost perfect approach shot for success on the hole (or get lucky).

 

My favorite hole on the course is #3. Par 3 over water.

#6 is a bear. Takes a straight, a very straight, iron shot and an almost perfect approach shot for success on the hole (or get lucky).

 

My favorite hole on the course is #3. Par 3 over water.

 

I like #3 also. In one of the two or three scrambles I played at MCC last year, I got beat by a few inches for "closest to the pin" on #3; hit a 9-wood (I started leaving the 3-iron at home a long time ago) to about 4 feet but someone got inside me.

My game improved a lot playing almost every day down there. I miss those days. :cry:

Bell, I have some friends going to Wasiota next week for 2 days. Any words of wisdom that I can pass along?

Bell, I have some friends going to Wasiota next week for 2 days. Any words of wisdom that I can pass along?

Stay out of the water.

Seriously, play it safe on 5-7. Don't try to be a pro on those holes. Those three can make or break a round. Scoring holes are 1, 2, 11, and 16. Some others could be in there, but those are the short holes. I hear the rough is being kept pretty high now as well, so you might want to be aware of that. Last time I was down there it wasnt bad, but its been a while. Stay out of trouble, and you can do fine.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.