Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Golf Over Easter Weekend???

Featured Replies

Bell, I have some friends going to Wasiota next week for 2 days. Any words of wisdom that I can pass along?

I play there several times a week. The course is in great shape and very scenic and beautiful right now, and because of the tourist business at the state park (and the golf packages) it is getting a lot of play. In the past two weeks large groups from Louisville and Cincinnati have visited on the golf packages, and all seemed to have really enjoyed their stay.

Wasiota has some of the best greens in the state imo, and their course maintaince people do a great job.

 

But Bell40 is correct in his assessment. Water comes into play on nearly every hole. Two par 5's have water on both sides of the fairway....and that can be scary (it makes me want to "guide" the ball, which is a no-no.) But if you play smart (something I don't always do), and don't take too many risky chances, yo can shoot a score to your handicap, and have a good time.

I play there several times a week. The course is in great shape and very scenic and beautiful right now, and because of the tourist business at the state park (and the golf packages) it is getting a lot of play. In the past two weeks large groups from Louisville and Cincinnati have visited on the golf packages, and all seemed to have really enjoyed their stay.

Wasiota has some of the best greens in the state imo, and their course maintaince people do a great job.

 

But Bell40 is correct in his assessment. Water comes into play on nearly every hole. Two par 5's have water on both sides of the fairway....and that can be scary (it makes me want to "guide" the ball, which is a no-no.) But if you play smart (something I don't always do), and don't take too many risky chances, yo can shoot a score to your handicap, and have a good time.

Were you down there volunteering last night?

Bell, I have some friends going to Wasiota next week for 2 days. Any words of wisdom that I can pass along?

 

Hope it isn't wet! If it has rained the day before thc course gets alot longer!

Play Smart!

I play there several times a week. The course is in great shape and very scenic and beautiful right now, and because of the tourist business at the state park (and the golf packages) it is getting a lot of play. In the past two weeks large groups from Louisville and Cincinnati have visited on the golf packages, and all seemed to have really enjoyed their stay.

Wasiota has some of the best greens in the state imo, and their course maintaince people do a great job.

 

But Bell40 is correct in his assessment. Water comes into play on nearly every hole. Two par 5's have water on both sides of the fairway....and that can be scary (it makes me want to "guide" the ball, which is a no-no.) But if you play smart (something I don't always do), and don't take too many risky chances, yo can shoot a score to your handicap, and have a good time.

 

 

 

Wasiota Winds is a very nice course! The management there is good!

Were you down there volunteering last night?

I volunteer on Sunday mornings, from 7:00 to 2:00.

I volunteer on Sunday mornings, from 7:00 to 2:00.

OK. I came out there yesterday evening and saw a guy I didnt really know. I will be back in a couple of weeks to play in the Mtn. Laurel more than likely. Maybe I'll meet you there.

OK. I came out there yesterday evening and saw a guy I didnt really know. I will be back in a couple of weeks to play in the Mtn. Laurel more than likely. Maybe I'll meet you there.

I'll be there. Hope to meet you.

I may play in it myself. I've talked about 5 guys from by old course into making the 75 mile trip to play in it.

OK. I came out there yesterday evening and saw a guy I didnt really know. I will be back in a couple of weeks to play in the Mtn. Laurel more than likely. Maybe I'll meet you there.

Did you play in the tournament?

I enjoyed the tournament, but didn't play very well. Oh well... maybe next year.

But I played with a bunch of super individuals and had fun. That's what it's all about anyway, as far as I'm concerned.

Did you play in the tournament?

I enjoyed the tournament, but didn't play very well. Oh well... maybe next year.

But I played with a bunch of super individuals and had fun. That's what it's all about anyway, as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't get to play. I had my girlfriend down with me for the weekend and decided not to play. I really wanted to play, but figured it was best that I didnt. I will be down there just about all summer it looks like, working in the pro shop. Kind of a late development that happened over the last week or two, so maybe I will be meeting you soon. I should start by the end of this week or first of next week. See ya around.

I didn't get to play. I had my girlfriend down with me for the weekend and decided not to play. I really wanted to play, but figured it was best that I didnt. I will be down there just about all summer it looks like, working in the pro shop. Kind of a late development that happened over the last week or two, so maybe I will be meeting you soon. I should start by the end of this week or first of next week. See ya around.

:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.