Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Say it ain't so! Bengals TE Jermaine Gresham: "My Heart Is In Cincinnati...

Featured Replies

I still think they'll move on from Gresham, but in pro sports anything can happen.

  • Author
It is thought that the Browns will let Jordan Cameron go through free agency rather than franchise him. He is one of the premiere pass-catching TE in the league. The Browns are willing to let him walk because he wants big money and he has had multiple concussions. When he is healthy he is unstaoppable. But it's hard to keep him on the field. Maybe Cinci will make a play for him. But then again, I said he wants big money and Mike Brown isn't known for that.

 

Gresham's name has been mentioned as a possible pickup for the Browns. You guys who know the Bengals, does he have much left in the gas tank?

 

BTW, there is a kid at Minnesota, Maxx Williams, who is supposed to be the next James Witten (Cowboys). He will likely go early for a TE.

 

Personally I am not interested in any players that have concussion issues. I hate saying that, but this is a business.

 

On Gresham, I think he has plenty of gas left in the tank, I think he is a talented player both as a receiver and as a blocker, and I think he should be one of the top TE's in the NFL but he is too much of a head case for me, too sloppy with the football, and in my opinion commits too many penalties although I don't have any stats to back that up. With all that said, I may risk it if I were the Browns.

I am still waiting to see him actually lift a weight at the gym.

 

Just walks around and half rides an exercise bike max.

  • Author
I am still waiting to see him actually lift a weight at the gym.

 

Just walks around and half rides an exercise bike max.

 

He probably doesn't need to.

 

With that said, I am sure he lifts somewhere by looking at him. At your gym, I would speculate that it is more social on Gresham's part.

I've never been nearly the Gresham hater that lots are, and in fact I've always leaned towards being more a supporter of him than anything else. I like his versatility, and yes I said it, his dependability. His flubs seemed to be so magnified when in many situations he has solidly completed important key plays. When he does I rarely hear anyone give him praise, but when he errors, you'd think that he was the worst player that there ever was. I think that he brings a solid necessary spirit to the Bengals, and I'm all for keeping him.

 

Gresham is one of the better dual threat TE's in terms of being able to block, but also a threat to catch the ball. He does have some of the best numbers of any TE in Bengals history. However people get fed up with him because the things he does poorly are huge things that impact a game. I believe I read over the last 3 years he has either led all TE's or been in the top 5 in fumbles, penalties, and dropped passes. All three things are HUGE DRIVE KILLERS and momentum turns for the other team. His fumbles kill drives and give the other team good field position. His penalties make drives stall, and then his dropped passes stop drives from getting a chance to go. So yes he is not as horrible as people say, however the things he does poorly hurt the team in big ways.

Personally I am not interested in any players that have concussion issues. I hate saying that, but this is a business.

 

On Gresham, I think he has plenty of gas left in the tank, I think he is a talented player both as a receiver and as a blocker, and I think he should be one of the top TE's in the NFL but he is too much of a head case for me, too sloppy with the football, and in my opinion commits too many penalties although I don't have any stats to back that up. With all that said, I may risk it if I were the Browns.

 

I read somewhere that list him in the top 5 for TE's in turnovers, dropped passes, and penalties over the last 3 years. I am trying to find where I found that article at.

  • Author
I read somewhere that list him in the top 5 for TE's in turnovers, dropped passes, and penalties over the last 3 years. I am trying to find where I found that article at.

 

Wouldn't surprise me but I do admit he is very talented.

I don't think Gresham is very good and for a guy with the body he has, he is soft. Time to move on.

I don't think Gresham is very good and for a guy with the body he has, he is soft. Time to move on.

 

You only move on if you could find someone of equal or lesser value. As frustrating as he can be he is a good blocker and he does put up decent numbers still and is a threat people have to account for in the passing game.

He lacks courage. Among other things.

Might as well post it in both

 

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 8m8 minutes ago

#Raiders have interest in TE Jermaine Gresham, source said. Not as much as first thought on Julius Thomas.

.... Gresham and the Raiders deserve each other.

 

I absolutely agree.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.