Bengals Release Geathers and Little

Cincinnati Bengals‏@Bengals·12 mins12 minutes ago

NEWS: #Bengals release DE Robert Geathers and WR Greg Little

Coley Harvey‏@ColeyHarvey·9 mins9 minutes ago

The moves clear roughly $3.2 million against the cap this year. Was kind of expected they would be among potential cuts.

Two good cuts. Hopefully they can replace them with some quality players.

Geathers is great role player playing DE/DT his brother is on the team also at DT.

I missed that, good catch uk.

Kwame Geathers is 6'6" 335. Here is his bio from Bengals.com:

Geathers signed to Bengals practice squad prior to Game 14 ... Played in three preseason games with the Chargers and was placed on their Reserve/Injured list on Aug. 26 ... Played in seven regular season and one postseason game for Chargers in 2013, logging three tackles ... Is a younger brother of Bengals DE Robert Geathers .

I missed that, good catch uk.

Kwame Geathers is 6'6" 335. Here is his bio from Bengals.com:

Geathers signed to Bengals practice squad prior to Game 14 ... Played in three preseason games with the Chargers and was placed on their Reserve/Injured list on Aug. 26 ... Played in seven regular season and one postseason game for Chargers in 2013, logging three tackles ... Is a younger brother of Bengals DE Robert Geathers .

I believe Geathers has 3 or 4 brothers in the NFL.

Makes sense cut Geathers a guy never in trouble and keep Pacman Jones?

If we were talking about a high school team or even a college team I would agree with you. However in the NFL give me the guy who will help our team win more, and that is Pacman. Its the same reason why I was all for them keeping the late Chris Henry. These guys give the team a chance to win. We can have a team full of the best character guys on the planet, however if those guys can't produce then people are not going to be happy no matter how good of a person that guy is. Its the same reason why I didn't like them resigning Peko last year. He is a great guy, but doesn't bring much to the anymore.

When the Bengals picked up Little in the Spring (?) I posted on here that it was a mistake. His physical size and athleticism makes you want to believe he will do something with it. But he was a RB in college and just never developed the ability to catch the ball or run routes. I watched him in Cleveland for 2 or 3 seasons and he was so frustrating. Has dropsy disease. He's probably done in the NFL.