Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County 77 Augusta 40 (39th District finals)

Featured Replies

I'm not sure I'd call Augusta/Mason County a rivalry. This is just a period of time when the two face each other that it's a big game. Been like that since the 2012 district final. That one got people's attention and since then every time the two teams face people get excited for it. If it were a rivalry Augusta would be making the trip to the fieldhouse on a Friday night during the regular season.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason County could actually be the underdog in the Augusta game next year. It will be Pig and this years JV team

FYI, those Mason County posters weren't only for Augusta, they were for everyone who had been calling the student section rude and everything else on social media. They also never said anything about MC-Augusta being a rivalry because I made them! :) Augusta didn't destroy the hearts of Mason Co. either, just made them respect the fact that District wasn't going to be handed to them.

 

Here's the bottom line on this so called "rivalry": every team in every district rivals one another. In our case (Augusta) with a male student population or roughly 50 kids (Mason cuts more kids from their program than we have in the total student population) has been competitive with Mason for 3 years running. More significantly and shocking, even to we Panther faithful, is that we won back to back titles against a team that most years we have no business even playing. For years Mason has rolled through this district with 20+ point wins and it didn't even represent a "speed bump"; let's just say we got their attention (maybe to our detriment). Whether we stay competitive or not is yet to be seen but the odds would say no but our most recent calling card says "defying the odds" is our business. I'm very, very proud of our basketball program at Augusta and the Coaches and players who have represented it so well thus far.

10th Region - yes

State Title - no

 

 

Campbell Co. might have something to say about this.

Here's the bottom line on this so called "rivalry": every team in every district rivals one another. In our case (Augusta) with a male student population or roughly 50 kids (Mason cuts more kids from their program than we have in the total student population) has been competitive with Mason for 3 years running. More significantly and shocking, even to we Panther faithful, is that we won back to back titles against a team that most years we have no business even playing. For years Mason has rolled through this district with 20+ point wins and it didn't even represent a "speed bump"; let's just say we got their attention (maybe to our detriment). Whether we stay competitive or not is yet to be seen but the odds would say no but our most recent calling card says "defying the odds" is our business. I'm very, very proud of our basketball program at Augusta and the Coaches and players who have represented it so well thus far.

 

 

I agree with you 100% and Im happy for Augusta also, but what I don't like to see is people say things about MC when they do happen to lose because I know how things are inside the walls of MCHS and they aren't like many of you think they are. The school spirit at MCHS was awful for about 4-5 years and it's just now starting to get brought back.

I agree with you 100% and Im happy for Augusta also, but what I don't like to see is people say things about MC when they do happen to lose because I know how things are inside the walls of MCHS and they aren't like many of you think they are. The school spirit at MCHS was awful for about 4-5 years and it's just now starting to get brought back.

 

From what I've heard - truth.

Does anyone know if there was an All Tournament team chosen? Don't know if they do that for the district tournament, haven't read or heard anything

Does anyone know if there was an All Tournament team chosen? Don't know if they do that for the district tournament, haven't read or heard anything

 

I didn't hear it announced during the trophy presentation.

I didn't hear it announced during the trophy presentation.

 

It's usually in the Ledger. Only asked cause had seen other posts on threads telling their All Tournament team in varying districts.

It's usually in the Ledger. Only asked cause had seen other posts on threads telling their All Tournament team in varying districts.

 

I stopped taking the Ledger after nearly 40 years because they couldn't seem to get a paper to me at the accustomed time any more.

I agree with you 100% and Im happy for Augusta also, but what I don't like to see is people say things about MC when they do happen to lose because I know how things are inside the walls of MCHS and they aren't like many of you think they are. The school spirit at MCHS was awful for about 4-5 years and it's just now starting to get brought back.

 

Right up there with death and taxes. Just the way it is.

FYI, those Mason County posters weren't only for Augusta, they were for everyone who had been calling the student section rude and everything else on social media. They also never said anything about MC-Augusta being a rivalry because I made them! :) Augusta didn't destroy the hearts of Mason Co. either, just made them respect the fact that District wasn't going to be handed to them.

 

Wrong posters... Think they are referring to the Mason County fans that post on BGP.

The kids at Augusta have a lot of heart and with Snapp back next year, I wouldn't only give them a shot to win the 39th district but maybe even take the 10th. To win the region next year they must have their big 3 healthy (Maddox, Snapp, Crawford), and some bench players to step up and fill in this years senior's roles.

The kids at Augusta have a lot of heart and with Snapp back next year, I wouldn't only give them a shot to win the 39th district but maybe even take the 10th. To win the region next year they must have their big 3 healthy (Maddox, Snapp, Crawford), and some bench players to step up and fill in this years senior's roles.

 

They should be strong next year. Need a healthy Snapp and a bit more bench.:thumb:

I agree with you 100% and Im happy for Augusta also, but what I don't like to see is people say things about MC when they do happen to lose because I know how things are inside the walls of MCHS and they aren't like many of you think they are. The school spirit at MCHS was awful for about 4-5 years and it's just now starting to get brought back.

When Mason Co is on top their students and fans show up in bunches. When they are down the ladder a little bit they don't support their team very well IMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.