Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville 2015

Featured Replies

What does Danville need to do to improve in 2015? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 wins at best. Loses every skill player. They're about to hit hard times at Danville for the next few years. I kinda feel bad for Clay, he had to replace a legend and then gets stuck with this. I hate to see a school like Danville to struggle the way they have over the last few years, I remember back when we played Danville you knew you was taking a loss. Hopefully they get some talent rolling through there soon.

So are you saying the talent is drying up in the city of Danville?

So are you saying the talent is drying up in the city of Danville?

 

I would say it has dropped dramatically since 2006 to present. Funny, only recently have folks really recognized it.:popcorn:

Talent is real, real low at Danville. They don't have the numbers anymore. When you watch Danville play, you just don't see the same team as you're use to seeing when you play Danville. This yrs team had all the tools to make a deep playoff run and got put out 2nd round of the playoffs again. I watched them play 3 or 4 times this year and their defense was TERRIBLE. If Danville has a couple more bad years, I don't see Clay being there any longer.

Talent is there they just wont play. Has nothing to do with coaches either just have a lot of kids that are capable but not interested or think at 5foot nothing they are basketball all stars. They have potential and what could be one of our biggest line ever in a few years but who knows. Take the 8th grade class this year. Lost the 3 best skill players all to transferring out of state. A school with so few male athletes to start with it kills you. I do think 4 or 5 years from now the Ads will be great but it will take some serious hard work to be what is acceptable at Danville in the next few years. Also deal with a lot of parents babying kids now which used to be unheard of at Danville. Mad they have to condition or mad they got punished for doing something stupid. Sadly solving a lot of Danvilles biggest issues are on the parents and the kids. Heart and Pride go a long way. I never count out Danville especially against smaller schools but something does have to give.

I've watched Danville play this year and it seemed the had some talent. I dont understand why Clay didn't put all those kids on the field at the same time. For example #11 Trent Johnson should of been playing defense and offense and he was on the sidelines, before Turner got hurt he only played offense. Small schools like that with low numbers you must play your best athletes both ways. I never understood some of the things the coach done this year.

I've watched Danville play this year and it seemed the had some talent. I dont understand why Clay didn't put all those kids on the field at the same time. For example #11 Trent Johnson should of been playing defense and offense and he was on the sidelines, before Turner got hurt he only played offense. Small schools like that with low numbers you must play your best athletes both ways. I never understood some of the things the coach done this year.

 

Totally agree with that. Back When Danville ran this area the best athletes were on the field at all times period. I didnt mean to sound like we didnt have talent this year because we did and should have gone a lot deeper than we did. Just have a lot worried about being cool everyday at 3:30 instead of playing football. While the game has changed Danville still needs to run the ball some period.

Every team that had a running game gave Danville problems. Boyle, Frankfort, Garrard, Somerset, LCA, Russell, Prestonsburg, Corbin, all these teams had a running back or two that ran for 100 yards or more. At some point its gotta be the coaching!

Yeah I mean I agree with that to a point for sure. It all starts at the top. I said a lot of foul language this year watching all the arm tackles and missed tackles. We used to have teams not want to run against us at all and its so frustrating because I remember the good days well. When this same group was in Bate and freshman they were so physically dominant I dont know what happened, well I have some theories. Its like girls basketball parents now, not all of course, but when these coaches try to toughen them up or get on them they go and cry. Currently we have a principal that will not back the coaches when they do and its pitiful.

All this back in the day talk I get....it's hard not to do so.

 

But I just want to know this, skill wise, who out there the past couple years compares to:

 

-Donnie Redd

-Joel Gray

-Kinte Bess

-Ben, Jeff and Kelvin Kinley

-Brian Rowland

-Jeremy Britt

-Charles Penix

-Kelvin Turner

 

WR like Clifford Berry, Jeremy Vaught.

 

At QB

-Paul Morse

-Mike Floro

-Chase Harp

-Adam Schott

 

Up front

-Chester Ford

-Michael Thornton

-Shawnta Ford

-Clay Cleverer

-Nathan Fuqua

-Josh Jaggers

-Manning Tagarook

-Michael Jones

 

Linebackers like John Gray.

 

DB wise...Brandon Baker, Buddy Trumbo, Ronnie Hawkins, Jeffrey Guest (along with others I just named above who were at this spot, too).

 

Danville still has some good talent and speed, but how many of the guys out there right now would take any spots of those I just named? And I'm leaving off a whole sleeeeewwww of other guys who ran through there from about 87-06. An awful lot of guys I just named went onto the next levels and had great careers at their respected levels of college football.

 

I can understand frustration, it's part of being fans. It's what all of us do, and I can assure you nobody is more frustrated than the players and coaches. But, at some point.....when talking old days, you have to sit down and make an honest comparison.

Edited by PurplePride92

As a whole I don't know if the other teams in the district will be much improved this season (well Somerset couldn't be much worse than last seasons 0-10). I expect that the Ads will be in the thick of the district race.

Harry, great list. Unbelievable list of talent you just put out there.

Ads will battle Mboro for the 3rd seed at best.:popcorn:

Harry, great list. Unbelievable list of talent you just put out there.

 

A pretty good one, huh? Amazing fact is there is a whole 'nother list about as long, or longer, who were more than just good players during that time.

 

But, that's been my question the last few years for those who are unhappy with the production at Danville? "Are any of the guys out there right now....could any of them take their spots?" No? Well, ok then.....don't expect the same.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.