Jim Hilvert leaves Thomas More - why?

BOKC Wildcat

Any TMC fans know why? Is it salary? Is it a step up to a Division 2 high school in Ohio? Is it related to what happened with his wife and the NKU scandal last fall? Does anyone know?

Well, either no one has any answers or no one cares about Thomas More football! lol! My guess is a little of both. Maybe that's why he left for LaSalle, I'm sure there is more interest in the Lancers football than TMC!

Well, either no one has any answers or no one cares about Thomas More football! lol! My guess is a little of both. Maybe that's why he left for LaSalle, I'm sure there is more interest in the Lancers football than TMC!

TMC is a well respected D3 team. Didn't they win the Nat. Championship under his command? Along with multiple cinference championships?

I would think it is a big pay raise and he doesn't have to hit the road recruiting.

Jim's a great guy. Always enjoyed my conversations with him when he was getting some cardio in at NKU's rec center. I miss seeing him up there.

Complete speculation on my part, but his children are starting to get a little older now. Would make sense if he wanted to make a move to be home more often.

I have no clue why Coach Hilvert left but I can only assume in his opinion the LaSalle job is a better job than the Thomas More job.

LaSalle should be a title contender every year and unless Thomas More does something to get some better players on the team they have no chance to compete for a D3 title.

I know they have some great players and I know they have won a lot of games but if you start breaking it down they are touchdowns away from the Wisconsin-Whitewater's and the Mount Union's of the D3 world.

I have no clue why Coach Hilvert left but I can only assume in his opinion the LaSalle job is a better job than the Thomas More job. LaSalle should be a title contender every year and unless Thomas More does something to get some better players on the team they have no chance to compete for a D3 title. I know they have some great players and I know they have won a lot of games but if you start breaking it down they are touchdowns away from the Wisconsin-Whitewater's and the Mount Union's of the D3 world.

Or maybe since his wife was fired for stealing he simply needed more money.