Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 68 Wilmington (OH) 65

Featured Replies

Correct. Cole was upfront with them on it being for one year. VMA could have said "thanks but no thanks."

 

Don't see a problem with this at all, as long as the coach is OK with it.

 

Just curious, how were some of the parents who's kid had to seat the bench while CVH played?

  • Replies 107
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like who? The basketball coach was 100% in the know on what the program was, and I'm sure his bosses would have only had to ask him to get the story.

Like the parents of other students who where paying major bucks for their kids to attend Villa.

Like the parents of other students who where paying major bucks for their kids to attend Villa.

 

If they had an issue it would be with the coach, right? Some probably did.

...and some did!

Like the parents of other students who where paying major bucks for their kids to attend Villa.

 

I get that completely. I'm sure they voiced their displeasure to the Coach and or the Administration, so hopefully they were happy with the resolution. I understand their frustration 100%, but I also understand the Villa boys basketball coach wanting Cole to play there for one season.

...and some did!

 

OK. And?

I get that completely. I'm sure they voiced their displeasure to the Coach and or the Administration, so hopefully they were happy with the resolution. I understand their frustration 100%, but I also understand the Villa boys basketball coach wanting Cole to play there for one season.

 

They were hoping he would have such a great experience that he would stay. I get that thinking.

 

High school athletics are about playing the best players on the team.

They were hoping he would have such a great experience that he would stay. I get that thinking.

 

High school athletics are about playing the best players on the team.

 

High school athletics SHOULD be about playing the best players on the team who are also students in the school they represent. justsayin

High school athletics SHOULD be about playing the best players on the team who are also students in the school they represent. justsayin

 

That's fair but if the school says a kid is on the team and he's one of the best 5 he should start. Otherwise, tell him he can't be on the team.

Not sure who at Villa was upset or didn't know, as I heard from several at Villa that everyone knew he would be there for just one year (heck it was mentioned on here many times before that season started), and everyone welcomed him and didn't have an issue. If there was an issue then those people never brought it up.

 

BTW, why is this being discussed in a game thread?

Maybe I just know more people at Villa than you, or maybe more of the right people. Read the whole thread an maybe you'll see it was the natural progression of the thread that got it here.

CVH may have taken some playing time from someone, but as a result do you think he helped to elevate the play of the team/players?

Did he help them win some games?

My guess is players liked playing with him unfortunately someone gets the short straw because of it.

No one is critizing CVH or his families decision.

It happens. Would also explain him being disinterested in talking to me after the game about the recent X and UC offers... :lol2:

 

Add Butler and Purdue to the list of Cumberland's offers. And not to contradict BGP wisdom on Jarron, but local college conversations put him at the 2.

Add Butler and Purdue to the list of Cumberland's offers. And not to contradict BGP wisdom on Jarron, but local college conversations put him at the 2.

 

My next D1 game coached will be be my first so....who will he guard at the 2?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.