Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 68 Wilmington (OH) 65

Featured Replies

One of the more enjoyable games I've attended in quite a while. I'd say 1800 to 2000 people in attendance.

 

CCH slapped them early with some run outs. Then CVH gets two quick fouls in the first couple of minutes and sits more of the half. CCH stays in the game.

 

Really bad ending of the 3rd qtr put CCH down 7. Not looking good.

 

I think CCH held Wilmington scoreless for the first 4 or 5 minutes and quickly came back to take the lead.

 

Big time blocks late. Clutch FT shooting.

 

Really good team win. Great minutes off of the bench. Massie killed WH late in the first half defensively with some steals. Hepp played big. Lenhoff helped out at PG when both CVH and Cooper T were out.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My initial reaction would be to pass on the younger Cumberland if I'm a school like X. 6'5 220 or so. Not quick. Not sure who he guards in college. Plays with ZERO fire or passion.

 

Pass.

Did the Colonels accomplish all their goals tonight??:sssh:

Did the Colonels accomplish all their goals tonight??:sssh:

 

Check

Check

Check

Did the Colonels accomplish all their goals tonight??:sssh:

 

No, the bleachers are still intact in Wilmington.

No, the bleachers are still intact in Wilmington.

 

I didn't see one student.

 

However, I was really surprised at the number of CCH fans in attendance.

I didn't see one student.

 

However, I was really surprised at the number of CCH fans in attendance.

 

Announcers call it as a lot of Blue in the lower arena.

For those in attendance the official did get the backcourt violation ie "over and back" against CCH correct. Doesn't matter that a WH defender hit the pass. It hit CCH last in the front court and first in the backcourt. Violation.

 

I thought one official really struggled on his block/charge calls. Other probably overcompensated for him with some pro-CCH calls/non-calls.

Did their crowd ever get into the game? I couldn't hear them.

....

 

Best HS game I've attended in a while. As Clyde pointed out, about 2,000 people there, and a fair number of folks in royal blue. I don't think the Wilmington faithful thought they were in for a battle until mid to late in the 4th. That said, after the game they were incredibly nice, talked about it being the best game they could remember, and to drive safely on the way home.

 

Cole had a nice 2nd half and has such maturity to his game.

Cooper was outstanding tonight and had two unreal finishes at the rim against the man. Showed great body control. Played with his usual fire and emotion.

Floody is my guy and he was tremendous tonight. LawnBoy, remember my comment to you early this season? This kid is really talented.

Bo had the best 10 point performance of his life. Held his own with Jarron, grabbed 12 boards, had huge blocks, and handled the ball against the press.

Clyde mentioned it, but Massie had the best game of his Colonel career. His defense when Scott was forced into a unique line-up late in the 1st was HUGE. Really happy for that young man.

 

Wilmington has a real odd coolness about them, they are supremely confident and you can tell they EXPECT to win. They are very well coached, BUT, they get back as poorly on defense as any good team I can recall.

 

The older Cumberland can really stroke it, and Clyde and I are in full agreement on the younger one. Has a MAN's body, but IMHO will have to be an under-sized 4 at the next level.

 

What an amazing game.

Finally back home after a terrific basketball game. As I stated before, having family in Wilmington, I hear about this team non stop. I was kidding about the 30 ot game. Before actually seeing Wilmington, I was thinking it would be a 10-15 point win for the Hurricane.

Did their crowd ever get into the game? I couldn't hear them.

 

The WH crowd was really quiet until very late in the game.

...

 

I need to add, and I realize I'm 100% biased, but this game offers 3 great examples of just how good Scott and this staff are. Their scout was great and they took advantage of a team slow to get back with early run outs. In the 2nd quarter they managed their line-ups without 4 starters for a stretch, on the road, against an elite team, and hung in. Lastly, they made great adjustments going into the 4th to attack off the bounce and capitalize on a thin team dealing with foul trouble. An outstanding resume' win for the entire coaching staff, as well as the young men in the program.

Finally back home after a terrific basketball game. As I stated before, having family in Wilmington, I hear about this team non stop. I was kidding about the 30 pt game. Before actually seeing Wilmington, I was thinking it would be a 10-15 point win for the Hurricane. That being said, where do you start. I agree that Scott and his staff, might be the best around the area. I was disappointed in the crowd tonight. I have been to a few games at Wilmington and that place was quiet. I think the game was won after the 1st quarter. Wilmington had never been down all season. #21 for The Colonels is a flat out stud. He was doing everything he could to get in younger Cumberland's head. I thought the deciding play was late in 4th, Cumberland(jr) made a contested lay up and had a me moment. All this while the Colonels pushed the ball for an easy basketball.

Clyde, I was going to try and find you and introduce myself. Probably saw me and my little one on the opposite side of the Colonels bench, in the front row. We were the only ones in Blue and my little guy was a bit animated by the win. Heard a couple of people making comments that we should make our way to the other side.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.