Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry's Austin Hatfield

Featured Replies

It has been a pleasure. I've been spoiled to watch this young man play every Friday night for the past 4 years.

 

IMO he is the best fullback to ever wear a Pirate uniform, at least since I have been watching, which covers the last 35 years or so. He was a pretty dang good linebacker to boot.

 

Good luck in the future Mr. Hatfield, you will be missed.

Is he going anywhere? Loved watching him!

Hatfield is a tank. The world needs more football players like him and with his style of play.

Is he going anywhere? Loved watching him!
He hasn't committed anywhere yet, I don't think. I have heard he has some interest, among them a pretty strong one from the Air Force Academy. I hope that works out for him, he is a good kid and student and their style of play would be perfect for him.
He hasn't committed anywhere yet, I don't think. I have heard he has some interest, among them a pretty strong one from the Air Force Academy. I hope that works out for him, he is a good kid and student and their style of play would be perfect for him.

That would be awesome!!! I follow AF every year as they are my favorite military team. They have been consistently good and have won the Commander in Chief Trophy a lot recently.

 

Hope he gets in, can't do much better than the Air Force Academy education.

 

Keep me up to date on this if you would. My best friend and my oldest daughters GodFather just retired from the Air Force as an E-9 and spent the last 5 years of his service at the Academy as head liason between the students and the military life. He may have some connections for Austin :) I do know his son is currently a student there.

Will do HB, and thanks. :thumb:

Truly hope someone... be it Service Academy or a FCS school... makes the wise choice to invest in Hatfield.

 

I honestly cannot recall seeing a better Fullback at the HS level in my lifetime. The fact he was a pretty darn good Linebacker only furthers this.

 

I know there is not any way to count it, but I would love to know the number of tackles Hatfield has broke over the past three years and how many times he was actually tackled by one player.

Wow, he's a load for defenders.

I watched the video and he really runs hard and determined. I do have a question about his speed, though. Is he big enough to be a (blocking) fullback in college? I assume he can catch the ball, watching him make a pick or two. If you're talking higher level collegiate football, I think he needs to go to a team that uses backs to block, and then occasionally run the ball. Again, it may depend on how big and strng he can get.

I watched the video and he really runs hard and determined. I do have a question about his speed, though. Is he big enough to be a (blocking) fullback in college? I assume he can catch the ball, watching him make a pick or two. If you're talking higher level collegiate football, I think he needs to go to a team that uses backs to block, and then occasionally run the ball. Again, it may depend on how big and strng he can get.

 

Speed is his issue. Hatfield has amazing football speed and quickness...but he has very little top end speed.

 

His best fit would be at a Service Academy or a FCS team that either runs the Triple Option or utilizes an H-Back. He will also be a very valuable asset as a Special teams player wherever he goes.

Speed is his issue. Hatfield has amazing football speed and quickness...but he has very little top end speed.

 

His best fit would be at a Service Academy or a FCS team that either runs the Triple Option or utilizes an H-Back. He will also be a very valuable asset as a Special teams player wherever he goes.

 

It just shows you how hard it is to actually get recruited and play at the next level. I watched him in practice for the Ky-Tn All Star game and in the game. He is a great HS player, but lacks some measurables (Height & Speed) critical for the next level. This is a problem a lot of great HS players face. He may be to short to play LB or TE and not fast enough to play RB. Plus FB is a fading position in college and NFL. Especially since a lot of colleges are running pro style offenses. Alot of college teams do not recruit FBs they just convert a heavy LB or TE to fill those rolls when needed. But I do think he can play at the D1 FCS level if he finds the right program, easily could play D2-NAIA levels, his ability is above the D3 level.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.