Dick LeBeau Resigns

I think it was reported that way considering how the Arians situation went. I think a new DC in Pburgh is a welcome thing. However, I dont think the candidate that most think will be the next in line is an upgrade. LB coach Butler has the clubhouse lead.

Why force him out? I thought he was a good coordinator.

The story broke from Jerry Dulac in Pburgh. So, I don't put too much stock on the exact "how it happened". But this is very similar to Arians, and if Todd Bowles from AZ lands a head coaching job like many believe, it wouldn't shock me to see Lebeau team up with Bruce in AZ.

I think the Steelers need to start over on the defensive side of the ball and though liked LeBeau, a fresh start with lots of defensive free agents and draft choices hopefully will be what they need to make a run at the Super Bowl next season

Apparently he wasn't willing to cut Palomalu and Ike Taylor or at least clashed with Tomlin over this. He might end up in AZ, as Spindoc says. look for Troy and Ike to follow if that happens.

He may not end up a DC anywhere, but he will hook on some where to consult.

Troy will retire if I am guessing. Ike knows he can't run.

I think the Steelers need to start over on the defensive side of the ball and though liked LeBeau, a fresh start with lots of defensive free agents and draft choices hopefully will be what they need to make a run at the Super Bowl next season

The Steelers have way too many holes on that side of the ball to make that run. It would be a shock if they made the right defensive moves considering all they have to make. Mitchell needs to go. A FA corner or safety has to be a priority. Worilds needs to be allowed to leave, which with the increase in cap space and restructuring Ben would give them a shot at a decent edge rusher. And they have to be committed to drafting defensively. Currently there aren't gaping holes on the other side of the ball.

The Steelers have way too many holes on that side of the ball to make that run. It would be a shock if they made the right defensive moves considering all they have to make. Mitchell needs to go. A FA corner or safety has to be a priority. Worilds needs to be allowed to leave, which with the increase in cap space and restructuring Ben would give them a shot at a decent edge rusher. And they have to be committed to drafting defensively. Currently there aren't gaping holes on the other side of the ball.

I think they will make all those moves now that LeBeau is gone, that shoe had to drop first. I think he was too buddy, buddy to guys that should have been cut years ago which probably influenced drafting and going after certain free agents. He will find another job quickly, don't worry.

Apparently he wasn't willing to cut Palomalu and Ike Taylor or at least clashed with Tomlin over this. He might end up in AZ, as Spindoc says. look for Troy and Ike to follow if that happens.

He may not end up a DC anywhere, but he will hook on some where to consult.

Since when do defensive coordinators have any say on who gets cut??

Well, I am quite certain that Lebeau had little to do with the draft. That's at the feet of Colbert. I can't say for sure, but I doubt Lebeau had much input with FA either. I think he let Colbert make those decisions and he rolled with it. Personally, it was personnel, not Lebeau or his system.