Cooper 72 Highlands 47

Guest comeonman

Birds played a good first quater. Then it was all down hill. When that freshman class gets up to the varsity level they will start winning games. Also the addition of that 8th grade class will help them with some size. I see them being very good in 2 to 3 yrs.

Birds played a good first quater. Then it was all down hill. When that freshman class gets up to the varsity level they will start winning games. Also the addition of that 8th grade class will help them with some size. I see them being very good in 2 to 3 yrs.

Has Listerman been inserting any youth into the lineup to get them some Varsity exposure?

Guest comeonman

Posey was the only kid to dress varsity last night. He played some. Scored a couple. He also played some mins against covcath as well. But he has played some of the sophmores. One good thing is Grant Murrary is back from his collar bone injury. Which will help the program. He has real high motor. An is a very strong kid with a lot of ability.

You watched a different game than I did,,,You are being very kind with your assessment..

Guest comeonman
You watched a different game than I did,,,You are being very kind with your assessment..

Your right Parker Harris played a great game. No one else showed up to play. They struggle guarding an rebounding a lot.

Kind of the pat statement for Highlands. Don't know how many years we heard how good the young classes are, then something happens.

Has Listerman been inserting any youth into the lineup to get them some Varsity exposure?

Why would you insert youth into the lineup? Who would you like for him to insert? This team is not at full strength and will not be all season. Talk of the frosh class and 8th grade class is rather amusing considering the frosh got beat last night and the JV scored a grand total of 16 points in the game with 5 frosh dressed and playing.

The key thing to me for the kids that are in this program is to listen to what the coach is saying because he is on point with his comments without question. Play for the team and not for oneself and that is at both ends of the floor. Play the game with passion and like you want to be there. When called upon go in and do the job and let the chips fall where they may. Do not let one mistake multiply into many more mistakes.

As Jerry Claiborne used to say back in the day, Do Right, Do Your Best and Win.

They all need to stay together and lose to other sports. Years past some kids played middle school and freshman but when as the years went along they disappeared. Might because of the Kool-Aid that is served. I support the entire athletic program and want to see each sport succeed but these kids need to know that its ok to play other sports.

Crosley New was the first I saw play varsity as a freshman this year. It was against Brossart. Not sure about previous games but I like Listerman getting the younger guys involved playing varsity. He might be serving up some Kool-Aid now.

Why would you insert youth into the lineup? Who would you like for him to insert? This team is not at full strength and will not be all season. Talk of the frosh class and 8th grade class is rather amusing considering the frosh got beat last night and the JV scored a grand total of 16 points in the game with 5 frosh dressed and playing.

The key thing to me for the kids that are in this program is to listen to what the coach is saying because he is on point with his comments without question. Play for the team and not for oneself and that is at both ends of the floor. Play the game with passion and like you want to be there. When called upon go in and do the job and let the chips fall where they may. Do not let one mistake multiply into many more mistakes.

As Jerry Claiborne used to say back in the day, Do Right, Do Your Best and Win.

I have no clue but rippin on the younger teams wasnt what I was looking for when I asked the question. I see Posey getting playing time as well as New. There has to be a reason Listerman is doing this.

If they will not be at full strength the entire season then why not get some younger kids who will be with the program the next 2-3 yrs more Varsity playing time?

Doing right and doing your best isnt equaling wins unfortunately.

I have no clue but rippin on the younger teams wasnt what I was looking for when I asked the question. I see Posey getting playing time as well as New. There has to be a reason Listerman is doing this.

If they will not be at full strength the entire season then why not get some younger kids who will be with the program the next 2-3 yrs more Varsity playing time?

Doing right and doing your best isnt equaling wins unfortunately.

Who is rippin on anyone? I asked who you want to be inserted. The younger kids have struggled at the JV level and you want them inserted into a varsity game? How about letting your juniors and sophomores develop by giving them meaningful varsity minutes before turning it over to frosh players. The last I checked this is the first year that Ball, Hebel, Hergott, New, Kendall, Traylor, LaFrange, Finfrock and others have gotten a taste of varsity action. So they should be cast aside to allow the frosh to play?

Again re-read what I said DO right, DO your best and Win. That is 2 "Do's" that need to take place day after day in practice and during games.

Who is rippin on anyone? I asked who you want to be inserted. The younger kids have struggled at the JV level and you want them inserted into a varsity game? How about letting your juniors and sophomores develop by giving them meaningful varsity minutes before turning it over to frosh players. The last I checked this is the first year that Ball, Hebel, Hergott, New, Kendall, Traylor, LaFrange, Finfrock and others have gotten a taste of varsity action. So they should be cast aside to allow the frosh to play?

Again re-read what I said DO right, DO your best and Win. That is 2 "Do's" that need to take place day after day in practice and during games.

Ok not ripping....but pointing out their awful performance might be better stated.

First year players definitely need all the minutes they can get. Why would Coach Listerman insert a Frosh before a Jr who is 1st year?

I agree with the 2 Do's with hopes that it translates to wins.