Melvin Gordon

Voice of Reason

He's good, but Barry did his in just 11 games. This will be Gordon's 14th. AND Barry rushed for 222 yards in his bowl game, which they did not count back then in records.

Are you saying Sanders had another 222 yards in a bowl game that is not included in his single season record that Gordon is going after?

Barry's worst game that season, he had 154 yards and 2 TDs. His worst. Gordon has had six games worse than that. Barry averaged just under 239 yards per game. This game is just the fourth this year that Gordon surpassed that average.

And now Gordon will have the aid of OT to attempt to break the record.

Again, no disrespect to him, but I think it's a farce that they not only count the bowl games now (since 2002), but that they have multiple extra games as well. I also don't understand why they don't retroactively grant the bowl game stats since they have them.

Then no record for Gordon. NCAA has to fix that.

The good news is he's not gonna get it. He needed 44 yards going into OT and I'm not certain he's gotten 1. Auburn is selling out on the run. At this rate, they'd need like five OTs for him to get it. As it stands, I think Auburn is going to end it in one.