Mason County 56 Madison Central 49

mcpapa

Ol' papa is happy to be wrong on two counts in the prediction thread. I thought it would be a track meet; and with the score something like 19-15 a minute into the second quarter that looked to be the case. Quickly turned into a tough defensive battle and a half-court game.

And of course, the Royals won by 7 rather than losing by 7. So sue me.

Although I didn't see the Clark County-Central game; this one played out in a somewhat similar fashion. Mason held an 11-point lead with 5 and a half minutes to play; Indians went on an 11-2 run to cut the lead to 2. Never could quite get over the hump, though; and Mason County hit their charity tosses down the stretch.

Dorian Henry with a quiet but effective 27 points; I think Pig Williams added 13.

Sat through the duration with a fellow BGPer whose name escapes me at the moment. I'm sure it'll come to me.

I had the Royals winning by 7 but I was a tad off on the score. :thumb:. It was a pleasure sitting with you throughout tonight's games. A lot of great conversation to go along with 2 great games.

Agree with your analysis of the game. Seems like every time Central made a move Mason had a counter move. Henry played a whale or a game and made some very impressive athletic basketball plays. Seems like Mason was pretty dominate on the offensive glass resultin in several second chance points which can be argued was the difference in the game.

I had the Royals winning by 7 but I was a tad off on the score. :thumb:. It was a pleasure sitting throughout tonight's games. A lot of great conversation to go along with 2 great games.

Agree with your analysis of the game. Seems like every time Central made a move Mason had a counter move. Henry played a whale or a game and made some very impressive athletic basketball plays. Seems like Mason was pretty dominate on the offensive glass resultin in several second chance points which can be argued was the difference in the game.

polarbear98!

That's who it was.

No reason why Mason County shouldn't be ranked number 1 in the region now. They're playing some good ball, and Dorian Henry is a BEAST.

You may be right.

That being said, I don't much worry about who's ranked #1 in December. Royals have an ambitious schedule ahead, starting with a nice Clinton County squad on Saturday. And a 2-week stretch with games at Campbell County, at Boone County, at (currently undefeated ) Boyd County, vs. Lexington Catholic and vs, Holmes. That stretch will be a great measuring stick for this year's Royals.

[TABLE=width: 2]

[TR=bgcolor: #FFFFFF]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]12/23/2014[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Mason Co. 56[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Madison Central 49[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Madison Central[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]10[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]14[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]15[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]49[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Mason Co.[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]19[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]12[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]11[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]56[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Mason Co. Holiday Classic championship game

Madison Central (7-3) -- Humphrey 20, Miller 2, Taylor 9, Thomas 11, Williams 4, Richardson 3.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Mason Co. (8-0) -- D.Johnson 5, Williams 13, O'Mara 2, Thomas 5, Henry 27, Garrison 2, Boone 2.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Latest high school boys' basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

[TABLE=width: 2]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]12/23/2014[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Mason Co. 56[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Madison Central 49[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Madison Central[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]15[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]49[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Mason Co.[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]19[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]12[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]11[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]56[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Mason Co. Holiday Classic championship game

Madison Central (7-3) -- Humphrey 20, Miller 2, Taylor 9, Thomas 11, Williams 4, Richardson 3.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Mason Co. (8-0) -- D.Johnson 5, Williams 13, O'Mara 2, Thomas 5, Henry 27, Garrison 2, Boone 2.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Latest high school boys' basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

Any field goal percentages,,it looked to like that was the difference in the game,,MC just could not put the ball in the hole.....

No reason why Mason County shouldn't be ranked number 1 in the region now. They're playing some good ball, and Dorian Henry is a BEAST.

10thRegion-12-Fr-MCHC-Royals10thRegionChamps-BGP.jpg

I said in a post earlier this season, that if the nucleus of this 2012 10th Region Mason County Freshmen Championship team was still intact that they would vie for the regional championship this year.

This team left a lasting impression on me. It's been four years ago, but they were scary good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48336[/ATTACH]

I said in a post earlier this season, that if the nucleus of this 2012 10th Region Mason County Freshmen Championship team was still intact that they would vie for the regional championship this year.

This team left a lasting impression on me. It's been four years ago, but they were scary good.

It's a shame that only 6 of these 14 guys remain on the squad. 10 of them played on the team last year (including Amani Thomas who transferred from Fleming County his junior year), ~7 of them having key roles as juniors. Unfortunately, 4 decided to hang it up this season.

It's a shame that only 6 of these 14 guys remain on the squad. 10 of them played on the team last year (including Amani Thomas who transferred from Fleming County his junior year), ~7 of them having key roles as juniors. Unfortunately, 4 decided to hang it up this season.

I didn't think there was even 6 on the squad, who were the 4 that hung it up?

I didn't think there was even 6 on the squad, who were the 4 that hung it up?

Will Griffith (#33 I think in picture), Ashton Humphrey (#23), Cameron Frame (#10), Kamryn Caudill (#15)

Players still on the team:

Dorian Henry (#1 in picture)

Jake O'Mara (#3)

Daireus Johnson (#11)

Ryan Johnson (#12)

Bradley Boone (#22)

Amani Thomas (not pictured because he didn't transfer to MC until 2013)