Teenager Shot Trying To Steal Gym Shoes

Beechwoodfan

9mm ain't enough.

I thought with modern +P hallow points, 9mm was now considered very sufficient for self defense and why many LE agencies are dropping .40 and going to 9mm +P's?

The justification I saw said that +P hallow points are traveling so fast that when they hit soft tissue they expand much more than previous 9mm hallow points causing more tissue damage and more hydrostatic shock. Whereas .45 ACP is generally a low pressure slow (relatively speaking) round that doesn't expand to near the same percentage so that the difference between a .45 ACP and a modern 9mm +P have shrank considerably.

While this may have jerked the thread off topic, I am curious to hear your thoughts with your LE experience.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more these criminals see that law abiding citizens will defend themselves, the more it will deter them. Criminals like this have a bully mindset. Stand up to a bully enough,they'll stop...one way or another

True. This reminds me of a month or so ago when a link to an article stating that the number of concealed carry licenses in KY has jumped up. Some were lamenting that fact. Me, I wanted to print out copies of the article and post it all over town so any criminally minded who are considering robbery give it second thought.

Despite what politicians, Hollywood and the media want us to believe, the odds of a LICENSED concealed carrier wrongly using his/her weapon is so remote that you are actually more likely to be wrongly shot by a police officer yet day after day, there are reports of a conceal carrier preventing a crime by having a gun and 30:1, they never had to fire a shot, the fact that the citizen was armed caused the criminal to back down/flee.

I think I would have just took off the shoes and let him have them, a life over a pair of 100 dollar shoes

Kids were punks but the sorrow of the family is huge.

Are you 100% confident the kids would not have shot anyways to prevent witnesses? I'm not.

9 and 45 is all that is needed in a handgun, if that doesn't work get a rifle. Modern day 9MM is very effective.

You don't like .40S&W?

That was the ammo I started with but considering sequeing to 9mm for smaller pocket gun and 10mm full size carry gun. To save money, the 10mm can use a conversion barrel to shoot .40's.

Getting out of the way from a shot? Ninja powers or an invisibility cloak? :)

The NSA has given me some invisible alien defense bubble since I am the conspirator or the year.

Hollow points, how can you afford those things, ammo prices are crazy.

I believe that the FBI recently went to 9mm

I'm not sure what the FBI is using now, but they do a lot of studies on ammunition. Generally they pick something intermediate, since they have to take overpenetration into everything else. My favorite round for home defense would be a 10mm, as far as handguns are concerned..357 Sig is great too, but with its velocity it can over penetrate easily. Walther makes a PPS that is great for concealed carry in .40 cal. My favorite toy though is the fnh 5.7