Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doss 66 Newport Central Catholic 63

Featured Replies

Walter I'd love to see that dunk again if you have the video. I'm a long time McDonald fan and he made a sweet pass to #44 who made a great finish. My son played ball with Drew in the past and he always seemed to get the ball to the right person. This is the first time I've seen McDonald play this year.

 

I should have the games edited by Tuesday night. I'm not going to the KOB tonight because of some other things I have going on but I'll be down there tomorrow to get more video. Once I get it all edited, I'll post it.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certain the NCC coaches are looking into basketball reasons as to why they lost the game and place zero blame on the refs. However, you'll never convince NCC fan at the local VFW's that his beloved team ever lost a game because the other team is better.

 

Kind of thinking that the local VFW is in your neck of the woods.

 

Per most of us that were in attendance it was very obvious that a number of the calls we favoring Doss. Usually the case when playing in an out of town tourney and the local team can help bolster attendance, this may happen. I would hope that they are getting the best officials that Region has to offer, but may not be the case and was not in this game. Were there adjustments that could have been made, sure, but that is always easy to say after the game, but the obvious calls and in some case no calls did contribute to the outcome. Was Doss the better team, I really don't think so, but again its a long season and a loss at this time of the year after 4 games will not decide a season, usually makes a team better.

 

As for FG's post, sorry but I feel BH isn't a Blue Colonel, but a blue fan yes and a closet green fan.... oh yes. Just likes the attention and loves to stir the pot, but overall just that. Not have a seen a post yet that made basketball sense, just drama..... CAKE and eat it too type of poster. Lets see when a certain school from the 10th makes the trip to Newport and see how many complaints there are about the poor officiating then.

 

Responding to your posts are what you are looking for, but as most see, you cover your lack of knowledge of the game with shots at rival schools..... whatever makes you feel good.

 

Now back to the real issue and that is how NCC will bounce back after a hard fought game last night. Games at this time of the year is what makes teams better, wins are great, but at the end of the year it is all about how your team is playing come March. I am sure that Coach D and his staff saw things that they learned from and will continue to improve on as the season develops. It is not a sprint to the finish, so valuable lessons the rest of the way for sure.

 

Best of luck to the Breds in the rest of the tourney.

What's frustrating is that when you really believe that the refs cheated you KNOW no one believes you. Oh, some COACHES AND SCOUTS said so? Nope...nobody believes you. But there were NEUTRAL GUYS who said as much? Nah, you know nobody believes you.

 

I talked to someone who was neutral and at every game. He said that there was a SPECIFIC MANDATE to stiff that damn NCC team.

 

Just kidding. He did say the officiating was inconsistent and random throughout the tournament. Just like most basketball games.

Would it have been nice to win this one....sure, but does it really matter? Learn and move on.

Also a little surprised Weyer's dunk hasn't been mentioned yet...caught the ball in traffic, rose up and threw it down hard with one hand over a couple Doss defenders.

 

Weyer also had some nice blocks. Him and McDonald were both tough inside.

 

Would be nice to see this dunk if anyone has some video thanks

Would be nice to see this dunk if anyone has some video thanks

 

8 seconds in......

 

 

Sorry to bring up an older thread, but two other users asked me to post this for them here when I had it up.

 

Pangallo's fourth foul when he finally came back in at the beginning of the fourth quarter. They missed the 3, but got 3 (literal) free throws.

 

 

Looking at the position of the referee on that call as well...

Sorry to bring up an older thread, but two other users asked me to post this for them here when I had it up.

 

Pangallo's fourth foul when he finally came back in at the beginning of the fourth quarter. They missed the 3, but got 3 (literal) free throws.

 

 

Looking at the position of the referee on that call as well...

 

Now that is a bad call - one of the worst I have seen.

Sorry to bring up an older thread' date=' but two other users asked me to post this for them here when I had it up. Pangallo's fourth foul when he finally came back in at the beginning of the fourth quarter. They missed the 3, but got 3 (literal) free throws.
Looking at the position of the referee on that call as well...

 

 

Yikes

Sorry to bring up an older thread, but two other users asked me to post this for them here when I had it up.

 

Pangallo's fourth foul when he finally came back in at the beginning of the fourth quarter. They missed the 3, but got 3 (literal) free throws.

 

 

Looking at the position of the referee on that call as well...

 

Unbelievable Andy Mac!!! Zach seems to get called for some "crazy" fouls. I seemed to remember one really bad from last year.......can't remember who it was against. :whistling: :)

Unbelievable Andy Mac!!! Zach seems to get called for some "crazy" fouls. I seemed to remember one really bad from last year.......can't remember who it was against. :whistling: :)

 

Doesn 't ring a bell.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.