Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doss 66 Newport Central Catholic 63

Featured Replies

NCC lost and it's only because the refs were against them. No way they'd ever lose a game if the refs were unbiased.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCC lost and it's only because the refs were against them. No way they'd ever lose a game if the refs were unbiased.

 

Who said NewCath lost "only bc of the refs?" I'd take a loss in December for two wins in March any time. This game meant nothing. I was simply stating a fact.

Who said NewCath lost "only bc of the refs?" I'd take a loss in December for two wins in March any time. This game meant nothing. I was simply stating a fact.

 

NCC should win this game hands down, what's up with their coaching ?

NCC should win this game hands down, what's up with their coaching ?

You do realize how good Doss is and is ranked.

Messed up my KOB schedule...now I'll have to switch gyms for the nightcap.

Who said NewCath lost "only bc of the refs?" I'd take a loss in December for two wins in March any time. This game meant nothing. I was simply stating a fact.

 

 

Yourself and He Got game were both hinting the refs were bad. Those refs probably never heard of NCC and don't even know where it is. They certainly aren't out to make NCC lose. Ncc is a good regular season team over the last few years. I predict they'll win the rematch with Doss, enter the post season with a great record and the role of favorite, and leave Bank of Ky Center in March disappointed saying wait until next year.

Made the long trek down there and saw some pretty good basketball. I think that if the Doss/NCC had the same officials that Holmes had in their game the game would have been played completely different. In the Doss/NCC game the refs completely dictated how the game was played. With over 25 fouls in the first half that pretty much told you how it was going to be. If I remember correctly it was 9-2 on fouls after the 1st quarter if that gives you an indication that they called as many/if not more in the 2nd quarter.

 

I personally don't like it when refs decide to call it tight in one game and the next group doesn't. That was made obvious based on the refs in the Holmes game calling so few fouls while both teams were playing pretty physical. For NCCs sake I'm guessing they hope they don't see those refs again.

Another ref post. Has Ncc ever lost a game and it wasn't the refs fault? Unbelievable.

Yourself and He Got game were both hinting the refs were bad. Those refs probably never heard of NCC and don't even know where it is. They certainly aren't out to make NCC lose. Ncc is a good regular season team over the last few years. I predict they'll win the rematch with Doss, enter the post season with a great record and the role of favorite, and leave Bank of Ky Center in March disappointed saying wait until next year.

 

Im sorry but unless you're living under a rock, any ref, any parent or grandparent, the kid down the street who's brother plays HS basketball is going to have heard of any of the teams that are constantly in the top of the state. Those refs were there last year I'm a 100% positive. Silly comment......

Another ref post. Has Ncc ever lost a game and it wasn't the refs fault? Unbelievable.

 

 

Bosshog, I'm unsure of your constant need to take shots at NCC I'm usually used to seeing you touting on your Blue Colonels. If you are trying to stir up stuff please understand no one is listening.

 

Me included..

I'm certain the NCC coaches are looking into basketball reasons as to why they lost the game and place zero blame on the refs. However, you'll never convince NCC fan at the local VFW's that his beloved team ever lost a game because the other team is better.

I'm certain the NCC coaches are looking into basketball reasons as to why they lost the game and place zero blame on the refs. However, you'll never convince NCC fan at the local VFW's that his beloved team ever lost a game because the other team is better.

 

 

 

Ncc lost and they need to move on. But I could bet you anything that 95 % of the people In the gym last night that have no dog in the fight would tell you that the refs were one sided. Several diff coaches at different levels even told others, before the game that NCC had no shot of winning that game. Sounds a little fishy.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
fixed quote tags

Dujuanta Weaver leads Doss with 30.

 

 

That's impressive.

I'd love to hear more about the game and less about the lack of love for NCC or the refs.

 

How did Weaver put 30 on the Breds?

I'd love to hear more about the game and less about the lack of love for NCC or the refs.

 

How did Weaver put 30 on the Breds?

 

Too quick, strong, and athletic for the NCC guards trying to check him. He was impressive. Only around 5'10 but plays much bigger.

 

Weaver's stat line: 30 pts (8/20 FG, 4/10 3FG, 10-12 FT)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.