Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doss 66 Newport Central Catholic 63

Featured Replies

I'd love to hear more about the game and less about the lack of love for NCC or the refs.

 

How did Weaver put 30 on the Breds?

 

Weaver put up his points in a variety of ways. He finished at the rim for a few and ones. He had a few treys. A couple mid range jumpers. For a kid his size he was very impressive and I was wondering myself if he's getting any college interest. I heard he puts up close to 30 every game. Their other guard was also very impressive, I think his last name was Price. He had a little John wall in his game.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Stats:

 

Newcath:

 

McDonald 18 pts, 13 rbs, 3 ast (7/13 FG, 0/2 3FG, 4/6 FT)

Weyer 17 pts, 8 rbs (8/18 FG, 0/5 3FG, 1/1 FT)

Pangallo 12 pts (5/10 FG, 2/5 3FG)

Anderson 7 pts (2/4 FG, 3/6 FT)

G Moeves 5 pts (1/3 FG, 1/3 3fg, 2/2 ft)

L Moeves 3 pts (1/2 FG, 1/2 3FG)

Freppon 1pt

 

FG: 24/51 47%

3FG: 4/18 22%

FT: 11/19 58%

 

Doss Stats:

 

Weaver 30 pts (8/20 FG, 4/10 3FG, 10-12 FT)

Gray 19 pts, 16 rbs (7/16 FG, 1/3 3FG, 4/9 FT) Dude looks like a grown man

McCloud 4 pts, 6 rbs

Collins 4 pts, 5 rbs

Hall 4 pts, 3 rbs

McCarley 3 pts

Hargrove 2 pts

 

FG: 20/50 40%

3FG: 7/19 37%

FT 19/29 66%

 

Rebounds:

Doss 41 Newcath 29 ...Doubt you see too many teams outrebound the Breds like that

 

2nd Chance Points:

Doss 17 Newcath 10

 

Points off Turnovers:

Newcath 27 Doss 21

Weaver put up his points in a variety of ways. He finished at the rim for a few and ones. He had a few treys. A couple mid range jumpers. For a kid his size he was very impressive and I was wondering myself if he's getting any college interest. I heard he puts up close to 30 every game. Their other guard was also very impressive, I think his last name was Price. He had a little John wall in his game.

 

Gray...was a man among boys.

 

Those two are easily one of the top backcourts in the state. Very impressive duo.

Gray...was a man among boys.

 

Those two are easily one of the top backcourts in the state. Very impressive duo.

 

Gray, yes that was him. Super quick, strong and smooth. He has the unique ability to change directions and contort his body in traffic while staying completely under control. I loved how he attcked as soon as he got the ball. He and weaver are special. Definitely agree that they have one of the better backcourts in the state.

  • Author
I'd love to hear more about the game and less about the lack of love for NCC or the refs.

 

How did Weaver put 30 on the Breds?

 

Found a way to get to the hole. If he didn't make the shot, he usually got fouled.

And for the record, I think the NCC fans on here complaining about the officiating have a legit reason to be upset. The fouls on Pangallo were garbage and I made a point to let Chris Pangallo know about it during the game as well as LB13 with the other fouls being called.

 

I should state that Weaver struggled to score until Pangallo went out in foul trouble. Once he got going it was tough to slow him down because Pangallo had to watch his fouls..

 

It should also be known that I had several coaches there scouting text me during the game and tell me how bad the officiating was. Hell, even the KOB guy taking pictures made a comment that " they have to keep some local teams alive to keep interest up, I guess" after a couple phantom calls on the Breds.

 

I know I have a rep for bringing up officiating which is why I've stayed quiet but just wanted to let it be known that Breds fans have a legit reason to be upset and every other neutral observer in the gym agreed.

Unfortunate but no harm done, learn from it and move on.

Unfortunate but no harm done, learn from it and move on.

 

Agreed.

 

Just wanted to get that out there so people who weren't even there would stop making comments that it's just "Newcath fans being Newcath fans" regarding the officiating comments. They're definitely legit arguments.

 

I also don't want to take anything away from Doss either though. While I think Newcath would win a rematch, Doss has a very good team too and there's no shame in losing to them. Frustrating for Breds fans, but I like Doss to get out of the 6th region. I was more impressed with them than Bullitt East.

I was at the game would disagree with the calls on Pangallo. All three fouls were legit. He picked up two fouls and should have played smarter. Doss cleared out and Weaver beat him off the dribble and reached and bumped him. Legit call. Pangallo going out changed things some but NCC still controlled the first half. Two keys was NCC went away from inside. They should have pounded it inside every time down the floor. The other was Doss Quickness took over. The only way they could stop penetration was to foul.

Also for the person who mentioned a rematch earlier in the thread, these two were supposed to meet at Taylor Co Jan 3rd but this game changed that. Not sure who Doss will play but Newcath will now play St Louis Christian, who I saw at North Laurel and is absolutely loaded with size and depth. Atleast 6 D1 prospects.

I was at the game would disagree with the calls on Pangallo. All three fouls were legit. He picked up two fouls and should have played smarter. Doss cleared out and Weaver beat him off the dribble and reached and bumped him. Legit call. Pangallo going out changed things some but NCC still controlled the first half. Two keys was NCC went away from inside. They should have pounded it inside every time down the floor. The other was Doss Quickness took over. The only way they could stop penetration was to foul.

 

I'll re watch the plays when I edit the film but I definitely felt the foul on the 3 attempt wasn't close to being a foul and the 4th foul he beat him to the spot but because Weaver bumped in to him they called the foul on Pangallo. That's a no call, IMO. No advantage gained by either side.

  • Author
I'll re watch the plays when I edit the film but I definitely felt the foul on the 3 attempt wasn't close to being a foul and the 4th foul he beat him to the spot but because Weaver bumped in to him they called the foul on Pangallo. That's a no call, IMO. No advantage gained by either side.

 

Agreed. Weaver initiated a lot of the contact in all of his drives but that was how the game was called.

Agreed. Weaver initiated a lot of the contact in all of his drives but that was how the game was called.

 

I much rather it be a no call all game than the officials call as many touch fouls both ways as they did last night.

 

Learning experience for the Breds though that will make them better. Luke Moeves, Seth Freppon, John Ludwig, and Erik Anderson all had a much bigger role last night because of the fouls which will only help Newcath's depth moving forward.

Also a little surprised Weyer's dunk hasn't been mentioned yet...caught the ball in traffic, rose up and threw it down hard with one hand over a couple Doss defenders.

 

Weyer also had some nice blocks. Him and McDonald were both tough inside.

Also a little surprised Weyer's dunk hasn't been mentioned yet...caught the ball in traffic, rose up and threw it down hard with one hand over a couple Doss defenders.

 

Weyer also had some nice blocks. Him and McDonald were both tough inside.

 

 

Walter I'd love to see that dunk again if you have the video. I'm a long time McDonald fan and he made a sweet pass to #44 who made a great finish. My son played ball with Drew in the past and he always seemed to get the ball to the right person. This is the first time I've seen McDonald play this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.