Best O. Coordinators in the Bluegrass

LawDawg807

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be the first Shamrock in here to nominate Andrew Coverdale of Trinity.

Yes, he is awesome and does great at teaching during clinics. Coverdale has a well deserved national reputation for his knowledge and off-season practice schedules. Above all, he has great on field results to back up everything he speaks about and shares.

Yes, he is awesome and does great at teaching during clinics. Coverdale has a well deserved national reputation for his knowledge and off-season practice schedules. Above all, he has great on field results to back up everything he speaks about and shares.

I want to add that I think he is the best in Ky hands down! I just wonder why he has not made the jump to college and I do not mean NAIA or D3 but higher? I cannot believe that there has not been an opportunity to start as a position coach on the offensive side of the ball.

I want to add that I think he is the best in Ky hands down! I just wonder why he has not made the jump to college and I do not mean NAIA or D3 but higher? I cannot believe that there has not been an opportunity to start as a position coach on the offensive side of the ball.

I know he coached early in his career in college. Taylor University. I'm not sure if that was before or after his Kokomo years. Some people just don't have the desire to coach college or to go back to being a position coach. He has been given access to a lot of college and pro teams.

I want to add that I think he is the best in Ky hands down! I just wonder why he has not made the jump to college...

I think he's a very solid OC and no doubt one of the best in KY but I think he'd need to prove that that great offense works outside the walls of the very unique dynamic that is Trinty. His one venture outside those walls was not a good one.

I know he coached early in his career in college. Taylor University. I'm not sure if that was before or after his Kokomo years. Some people just don't have the desire to coach college or to go back to being a position coach. He has been given access to a lot of college and pro teams.

There are many reasons including loving to teach young men in hs, loyalty, integrity, and family concerns. And yes, he has access and friends about everywhere.

I think he's a very solid OC and no doubt one of the best in KY but I think he'd need to prove that that great offense works outside the walls of the very unique dynamic that is Trinty. His one venture outside those walls was not a good one.

I always laugh when people bring up his stint as a HC. There were a number of factors there and in the end I'm not sure it was a good fit for either party. His offense works just fine outside of T. It's funny that people make it sound like this super complex thing. It honestly isn't. They can do a little more due to being two platoon but any two platoon school could do the same. Coverdale is a great teacher. That is something people miss if they haven't really been exposed to his material.

I always laugh when people bring up his stint as a HC. There were a number of factors there and in the end I'm not sure it was a good fit for either party. His offense works just fine outside of T. It's funny that people make it sound like this super complex thing. It honestly isn't. They can do a little more due to being two platoon but any two platoon school could do the same. Coverdale is a great teacher. That is something people miss if they haven't really been exposed to his material.

What he had to do would be akin to following Coach Haywood at Belfry and installing a pass heavy offense. The cultural change alone would be such a shift that most coaches wouldn't survive it. They would be the transition guy who has to deal with the wailing and gnashing of teeth during the transition, leave with a less than stellar recoes, and end up making the person who followed look better because the expectations won't be as high.

...but at the end of the day, as an experienced coach he knows all that going in and he still took the job. Don't tell me about the labor, show me the baby.

...and also at the end of the day, he is a truly great offensive coach who has installed an awesome offense at Trinity that is in my mind, second only to Highland's offense in KY...and what makes him even better is that he will clinic with and talk to just about anyone who asks.

I've never been impressed by the structure of HHS offense. They do an excellent job no question but Coverdale to me is on a different level. This thread is about the best OC. The job people point to with Coverdale was him as a HC. Look at his work as an OC at the other HS he has been at in IN. He did just fine. Coverdale is very open with what he does with coaches in the college level all the way down to youth guys.

On a different note I would love for a school to bring in Dan Gonzalez in as an OC. Maybe X should give him a call.