Best O. Coordinators in the Bluegrass

LawDawg807

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't think that was the point of my post because that is not what I was saying. But when you are considering the best and Coverdale's name comes up, you have to include his entire resume and that resume includes a few years of being a head coach with ok results. You also have to take in consideration that he has most overall talent year in and year out. He may be the greatest offensive coach in the country, and I don't doubt he is good, but having that kind of talent can make a coach look pretty darn good.

Then consider his whole resume then. People act like the only place he has coached at is T and Castle. He was an OC for years in IN before hand. Wins and loses are not always the best measuring stick for being a good OC. We could go through a whole list of guys on the college and pro level that are considered great OC but didn't do well as a HC or their teams have the best record.

I don't know if I agree with the fact that T is better 1-11 than 99% of the schools in the state. They have some big advantages I will agree. I'm not convinced year in and out they have crazy talent on both sides of the ball.

T being balanced is kind of true. They throw early in games and run late in many cases. Some years and games that is a little off but they pass more to set up the run. In a number of games I've watched a majority of those rushing attempts are late in the game.

Chris Pardue is and was one of the best for years. Mike Holcomb and Mike Whitaker changed offense in the entire state. Bob Redman was an innovator before he left. Coverdale is in the top 3 no matter how you cut it. Highlands O put in place by Mueller is a machine. Jim McKee has improved as a playcaller over the years in the wing-t. Jack Haskins was a difference maker back when he called plays. Kevin Wallace is in there state runner up with a veer system and champs with a pro-spread system.

Trinity DID NOT have the most talent in the state this year. IMVHO the distinction belongs to Male.

Please review the prediction threads in the weeks prior to the Meade county and the Dixie Heights games. As I recall both of those defenses were predicted to be shut down Ds that Trinity wouldn't be able to move the ball against. Instead Trinity pretty much scored at will.

Surely Coverdale can get a few props for decimating those units can't he?

Dixie is not a team who is carried by a single great player like a Travis Elliott, Miles Simpson, or even Shaun Alexander. The lack of depth of those teams was quickly exposed by super district teams. This Dixie team is much different, and better, than those teams. Their OL/DL may be good on a historic level.

I like this one.

41-7 CovCath

If your dumb enough to believe a game on Aug. 30th has any bearing on the state championship game being played on Dec. 6th, then by all means, keep posting.

nkuclubbaseball19 and JCVD like this.