Besides Covcath in 5A who are the favorites to win titles in 2015?

G1

Owensboro returns a ton of kids. They'll have to replace their QB but looking at the starters listed from the newspaper before the 4A championship game they'll return 9 starters on "D". 5-6 starters on offense.

That QB made them special. They'll be in the mix, but it's hard to see them as a realistic challenger without him.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at Pulaski's roster in the paper they only appear to lose 6 seniors and of those only 1 or 2 played a significant amount of time. They return most of both lines and all skills.

Unlike HHS and some others they do not platoon and that could be their downfall against teams that do platoon...but don't sleep on the Maroons next season.

Locher was a very good high school QB. 3 year starter. But he wasn't a once every 10 year talent IMO. Bowling Green loses their QB. Highlands losses theirs too. (shrugs)

I would argue he's the best QB they've had in a LONG time given what they're doing, and I'm including Prince when I say that.

But I do agree that a school like Owensboro should be able to reload just like BG and Highlands every year.

2nd best team in 5A this year may have been Southwestern. By far the closest game with Pulaski in the playoffs and should/could have beat them.

Coach French has SW turned around and going in the right direction. That said next years 5A is not this years 5A, it's a whole new world.

What are your reasons for CovCath being a lock?

Instead of rejoicing in his team's state championship run Bosshog decided to take ANOTHER jab at Covington Catholic. No one has said anything about CCH being the lead dog for 5A next year. It's just one more (sadly, of many) shots he has taken at a program.

If it helps him feel better about himself ....

What are your reasons for CovCath being a lock?

I am assuming this is sarcasm. That said it will be very interesting and competitive with HHS, CCH, and Dixie in 5A, at least in this region. All 3 have lost significant players to graduation but also return many key players. Silly at this point to predict other than to say it will be fun to watch it all unfold..

I'm buying into the annual Covcath hype after a decade of futility.

Why does it bother you? Doesn't every fan think their team is a lock next year and every year?

I'm still trying to figure you out. You seem to lean towards being a Highlands fan but you sure don't act like one.

Good luck to the Colonels next season.

Looking at Pulaski's roster in the paper they only appear to lose 6 seniors and of those only 1 or 2 played a significant amount of time. They return most of both lines and all skills.

Unlike HHS and some others they do not platoon and that could be their downfall against teams that do platoon...but don't sleep on the Maroons next season.

Yea. That is how I feel also. I think it's Pulaski Co's to lose and or make it to their 3rd straight title game. They are just a really sound and fundamentally string team with a ton of their players returning.