Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKFCA Article: Highlands making title run behind new offensive line.

Featured Replies

The biggest challenge Brian Weinrich faced going

into his first season as head coach at Highlands was

rebuilding the offensive line. The Bluebirds had no

returning starters up front and all but one of the

back-up linemen on last season’s depth chart had

graduated as well.

www.nkyfootball.net

 

A nice quick article about the HHS O-line. Call me biased but I don't believe you'll find a better O-line coach in the State of Kentucky. I watched them play Campbell County in their season opener and they were not a good group. Campbell County probably would have won that game if it weren't for Hoge just making play after play while running for his life. Where that O-line was in that game vs where they are now is nothing short of amazing. Nice job by those kids and my big bro!

I've said for years that Coach Turner is the best. Year after year he just keeps finding new ways to rebuild the offensive line into something special. Some years it's with big hosses, other years with smaller quicker people.

 

Those outstanding offensive statistics over the past several years start right there.

The biggest challenge Brian Weinrich faced going

into his first season as head coach at Highlands was

rebuilding the offensive line. The Bluebirds had no

returning starters up front and all but one of the

back-up linemen on last season’s depth chart had

graduated as well.

www.nkyfootball.net

 

A nice quick article about the HHS O-line. Call me biased but I don't believe you'll find a better O-line coach in the State of Kentucky. I watched them play Campbell County in their season opener and they were not a good group. Campbell County probably would have won that game if it weren't for Hoge just making play after play while running for his life. Where that O-line was in that game vs where they are now is nothing short of amazing. Nice job by those kids and my big bro!

 

I said this after the first CovCath game, #50 is a stud left tackle. That is Lou Bunning correct? It is amazing that he didn't play football the past two years, and comes out and plays like that.

  • Author
I said this after the first CovCath game, #50 is a stud left tackle. That is Lou Bunning correct? It is amazing that he didn't play football the past two years, and comes out and plays like that.

 

That is correct. I played football from the time I was 6 years old and wasn't that good. Life is not fair. :lol2:

The biggest challenge Brian Weinrich faced going

into his first season as head coach at Highlands was

rebuilding the offensive line. The Bluebirds had no

returning starters up front and all but one of the

back-up linemen on last season’s depth chart had

graduated as well.

www.nkyfootball.net

 

A nice quick article about the HHS O-line. Call me biased but I don't believe you'll find a better O-line coach in the State of Kentucky. I watched them play Campbell County in their season opener and they were not a good group. Campbell County probably would have won that game if it weren't for Hoge just making play after play while running for his life. Where that O-line was in that game vs where they are now is nothing short of amazing. Nice job by those kids and my big bro!

Is this article correct? I thought Bo Hebel plays center and he started last year I know on the D line but thought he played some on the O-line also and is only a junior I think.

 

I think Coach Weinrich is a great line coach, 2nd only to Coach Burnett in the state imo.

Is this article correct? I thought Bo Hebel played center and he started last year and is only a junior I think.

 

Hebel is a Jr this year and he played nose man last year I believe. He was on defense for sure.

Hebel is a Jr this year and he played nose man last year I believe. He was on defense for sure.

I know he started on defense (son's gf's cousin) so I would come to some games and watch him, but I thought he had some snaps on O-line also...I'm prohably mistaken there

I know he started on defense (son's gf's cousin) so I would come to some games and watch him, but I thought he had some snaps on O-line also...I'm prohably mistaken there

 

Not than I'm aware of. They had a loaded O line last year. Hence all the rebuilding this year!

 

Coach Turner is a stud!!!

I know he started on defense (son's gf's cousin) so I would come to some games and watch him, but I thought he had some snaps on O-line also...I'm prohably mistaken there

 

May have come in on their goal line offense but they usually put them in the backfield to block when they go to that package.

May have come in on their goal line offense but they usually put them in the backfield to block when they go to that package.

 

 

I don't recall Hebel playing any O line last year at all. And with the way they strictly two platoon, I'm not sure how he could have. I don't think they put him in the backfield to block on the goal line either last year.

 

2 Humped, you have every right to be proud of your older brother. Scott is not only a great coach, but is also a great teacher and an even better person. With him having coached both of my sons, I'm kind of fond of the big guy.

Hebel played strictly defense last year. The only lineman that had any varsity experience coming into the season was Kyler Dalton and he has only taken snaps in the first CovCath game due to injury. Turner and Hall have done an excellent job with this unit. Richardson has been very solid at the center position after a brief move to guard in the offseason. Hebel and Gall have been very good at the guard spots. "Sweet Lou" Bunning has been a pleasant surprise after not playing the game since he was a frosh. Haas has been solid and will only continue to get better. 6th Man Venegas has been a very big surprise with how well he has played, no matter where they put him. The efforts of these guys have enabled Hebel to move to fullback in certain situations.

I know he started on defense (son's gf's cousin) so I would come to some games and watch him, but I thought he had some snaps on O-line also...I'm prohably mistaken there

 

No one has played 2 ways and even sparingly on both sides in quite some time. Bo Hebel was strictly Defense last year.

Coach Turner is amazing! I too thought the line would be a road block this year and he might have done his best rebuilding job yet. The magic man can!! Congrats to Coach and the Oline players for what they accomplished!!! Take State!

I haven't seen anyone play both ways since 2009...Now a guy might have played Defense last yr and now plays Offense this yr but never ever played both ways in the same yr...

 

Wait, Jared Dougherty is our kicker and also plays LB, does that count? And before someone says it the PAT and FG is offensive...

 

 

Either way, I am proud of the job that Coach Turner and Coach Hall have collectively done together to mold these fine men into the doggies they are...Ohhhhhh, Sweet Lou...:thumb:

Can't overlook coach Hall. Haven't caught a glimpse of him in a while but always liked a guy who wears shorts in 20 degree weather! My son loved playing for both.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.