Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kings of Eastern Kentucky

Featured Replies

Belfry will be playing in it's 5th straight championship game next weekend in Louisville. And yes they are only 1-3 in those championship games thanks to Central, who will be the team standing in their way again next weekend, but who is the last school from the eastern part of the state to have a run like Belfry has had the past 10 or so years? The job that Coach Haywood does year in and year out is simply amazing. The only thing from this part of the state more consistent than Belfry playing for a championship the last 10 years is Ram going without a haircut. And from the looks of things neither of those are going to change anytime soon. Congrats to Belfry for once again getting a chance to play on the carpet, and I hope you my good friend Watusi gets to light up a victory cigar next Friday about 1:30 pm.

  • Replies 134
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belfry will be playing in it's 5th straight championship game next weekend in Louisville. And yes they are only 1-3 in those championship games thanks to Central, who will be the team standing in their way again next weekend, but who is the last school from the eastern part of the state to have a run like Belfry has had the past 10 or so years? The job that Coach Haywood does year in and year out is simply amazing. The only thing from this part of the state more consistent than Belfry playing for a championship the last 10 years is Ram going without a haircut. And from the looks of things neither of those are going to change anytime soon. Congrats to Belfry for once again getting a chance to play on the carpet, and I hope you my good friend Watusi gets to light up a victory cigar next Friday about 1:30 pm.

 

Thought all the championships were @ Bowling Green?

  • Author
Thought all the championships were @ Bowling Green?

 

They are, just another brain fart on my part. I've been having a lot of those lately.

This is not a knock on Belfry. But they have had a very easy road to the finals. This has been there easiest so far. I am afraid that it might get them against Central. Good luck Pirates.

I think the kings of the east will be beheaded by Central:angrybird2:

This is not a knock on Belfry. But they have had a very easy road to the finals. This has been there easiest so far. I am afraid that it might get them against Central. Good luck Pirates.

 

Belfry lost 35-0 to Johnson Central and 29-20 to Pikeville.

 

Belfry is not the King of the East.

  • Author
This is not a knock on Belfry. But they have had a very easy road to the finals. This has been there easiest so far. I am afraid that it might get them against Central. Good luck Pirates.

 

I think the kings of the east will be beheaded by Central:angrybird2:

 

Belfry lost 35-0 to Johnson Central and 29-20 to Pikeville.

 

Belfry is not the King of the East.

Wow. A lot of hating on Belfry. Like my original post stated Belfry is now playing in their 5th consecutive championship game. Name another team from the east that can claim that.

2014 Johnson Central 35 Belfry 0

2013 Johnson Central 54 Belfry 28

2012 Belfry 17 Johnson Central 12

2011 Johnson Central 21 Belfry 14

2010 Johnson Central 42 Belfry 7

2009 Johnson Central 35 Belfry 19

Wow. A lot of hating on Belfry. Like my original post stated Belfry is now playing in their 5th consecutive championship game. Name another team from the east that can claim that.

 

No hating when they are facts.

 

Belfry is simply not as good as Johnson Central.

  • Author
This is not a knock on Belfry. But they have had a very easy road to the finals. This has been there easiest so far. I am afraid that it might get them against Central. Good luck Pirates.

 

2014 Johnson Central 35 Belfry 0

2013 Johnson Central 54 Belfry 28

2012 Belfry 17 Johnson Central 12

2011 Johnson Central 21 Belfry 14

2010 Johnson Central 42 Belfry 7

2009 Johnson Central 35 Belfry 19

 

No hating when they are facts.

 

Belfry is simply not as good as Johnson Central.

Johnson Central is a bigger school than Belfry. They should beat them every year. You're still missing the point. No school in Eastern Kentucky has had more success than Belfry the past 10 years, and that is a fact.
Wow. A lot of hating on Belfry. Like my original post stated Belfry is now playing in their 5th consecutive championship game. Name another team from the east that can claim that.

 

You put the thread up for reactions and comments....I don't think Belfry will beat Central....nor do I think they were the best team in that area this season.

  • Author
You put the thread up for reactions and comments....I don't think Belfry will beat Central....nor do I think they were the best team in that area this season.

 

Again, missing the point. No school has had more success the past 10 years from EKY than Belfry. Will it make you feel better if I ask a mod to change the thread title to Most Successful Program from EKY the past 10 years?

Again, missing the point. No school has had more success the past 10 years from EKY than Belfry. Will it make you feel better if I ask a mod to change the thread title to Most Successful Program from EKY the past 10 years?

 

Maybe you need to be more specific...I read the title and commented. I don't know how many years it takes to be a King.

Johnson Central is a bigger school than Belfry. They should beat them every year. You're still missing the point. No school in Eastern Kentucky has had more success than Belfry the past 10 years, and that is a fact.

 

No point missed.

 

It is true that Johnson Central has more boys than Belfry. (Johnson Central has 551 boys. Belfry has 331 boys.)

 

http://khsaa.org/reports/enrollments/20132014schoolenrollmenttotalsbyenroll.pdf

 

However, your statement that Belfry is King of the East is flawed simply because they have now been to 5 straight state championships.

 

Belfry has not had to go through Highlands and/or Covington Catholic to get to the promised land each year. This has been true for every season from 2008-2014. The same period of time that Johnson Central has dominated Belfry except for two seasons - 2008 and 2012. Again, that is a fact. (No bold on my sentence.)

  • Author
Maybe you need to be more specific...I read the title and commented. I don't know how many years it takes to be a King.

 

You're right, I should have been more specific with the thread title. I thought my original post in the thread defined the criteria I was using to proclaim Belfry King of the East though.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.